So I've recently joined a band as the lead guitarist. The rhythm guitarist and bassist are pretty theoryless as well, but our drummer is absolutely astounding so he kind of makes up for it.
Anyways, I think I'm a decent guitar player and I can come up with some pretty cool riffs and licks and I can do some basic harmony with my rhythm guitar player (such as major and minor 3rds, perfect fourths, octaves etc...). We've come up with about two songs (me and the drummer) and they sound ok. So now I'm starting to really get into my music and I realize that music theory is a necessity when playing guitar, whether jamming alone or in a band, but I don't know where to start.

What would be the best way to get started on theory, books, internet lessons, real music lessons with a teacher, DVD's?? Please just list anything that will teach me about theory. (mostly harmonizing and scales and such)

Thanks a bunch
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
surprisingly noone has ever asked this question before.......

the answer is always the same. UG has good lessons. try the crusade.
███████████████████████████████████
Everything I know I got from Wikipedia. All in all, it's a good source of info.
The crusades are a large collection of articles specifically on theory. Great and easy to read!
I have a black book called The Guitar Grimoire. It gives you a pretty good idea of how to get started with theory, plus it has hundreds of scales and modes and such. You can get it at any GuitarCenter, and def. worth the money. Check it out.
Thanks guys, I'll definitely be checking out the links you guys posted as soon as I get the chance.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Try the Grace Vandendool theory books, theyre like 15 to 20$

Please use tags for tabs....