If you've been playing for a year then how have you ''only just gotten into it''? Would that basically mean that you've only just started playing?
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Quote by F22dominant
I've been playing for a year and a ahld or so but have only recently gotten into it. Any suggestions, flaming, or just a mere good or bad are welcome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylP2yXjAN1o

Opening riff kinda lacked direction, it seemed you were worried about developing the line further, or taking it in a new direction. I find it helps to expand on a riff, even if you make a 'mistake' or your timing goes a little, it teaches you how to recover from that. It seems you've learned from patterns on the fretboard? I would try adding some more stuff into it (not in a "moar is bettah" way) but just to find out how you deal with new ideas and how you can react to them.

The riff at 21 seconds had a little more feel about it, but I was wanting to hear from fills going on, just to keep the momentum going alittle. The last part was a little rushed I felt. I know in my first year of bass playing I couldn't improv while a camera was rolling. It was solid, it worked, the tone was fine (I understand the camera mic created the distortion, not your amp), your technique was ok (Keep that thumb behind the neck, I seen you curving it over the top sometimes ). My only advice would be, add a little, don't be scared of new directions/tempo
"just gotten into it" in the sense of just started feeling that vibe which makes one want to play and that feeling of being within your own music. Sorry, made sense in my mind.
Quote by Micehorns
Opening riff kinda lacked direction, it seemed you were worried about developing the line further, or taking it in a new direction. I find it helps to expand on a riff, even if you make a 'mistake' or your timing goes a little, it teaches you how to recover from that. It seems you've learned from patterns on the fretboard? I would try adding some more stuff into it (not in a "moar is bettah" way) but just to find out how you deal with new ideas and how you can react to them.

The riff at 21 seconds had a little more feel about it, but I was wanting to hear from fills going on, just to keep the momentum going alittle. The last part was a little rushed I felt. I know in my first year of bass playing I couldn't improv while a camera was rolling. It was solid, it worked, the tone was fine (I understand the camera mic created the distortion, not your amp), your technique was ok (Keep that thumb behind the neck, I seen you curving it over the top sometimes ). My only advice would be, add a little, don't be scared of new directions/tempo

Thanks man, that is the kind of response I was hoping for and I'll make sure to take you up on those tips/suggestions.
sorry bro, wasnt feeling it, it felt to plain, undirected, unemotional. "you have to play every note like its your last" -Flea

play with emotions, how your feeling get into it, put your self on the line.
Try adding more delay.
Quote by telecastrmastr
sorry bro, wasnt feeling it, it felt to plain, undirected, unemotional. "you have to play every note like its your last" -Flea

I know exactly what you mean dude, thx. And I know where you took that flea quote from, lol.
Quote by telecastrmastr

Soooo very helpful.

Anyways, switch it up some more. It's fine to use certain patterns but when you use one as a crutch your playing sounds repetitive and uninteresting. Rhythm was lacking as well, try practicing to a metronome/drum machine/band. Oh and as was mentioned before keep your thumb on the back and in the middle of your neck. It gives you better reach.
Quote by F22dominant
I know exactly what you mean dude, thx. And I know where you took that flea quote from, lol.

XD master sessions, ya, you got the chops to be a bassist i see! lol
Try adding more delay.
I don't like how you slide the last three notes at ~30s
it just... bothers me, hah. I like this though.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....