Page 1 of 2
ok so my bands drummer is being a little girl. whines a lot about practice, isnt really that good, pissing the whole band of, and thinks he's the best drummer which he's not. No where near close. only reason we kept him is because he's a good friend. sort off. but how would we tell him that he's out of the band, i mean even though he's a dick i still want to be friends with him. people keep telling us he's holding us back. everyone has had over 3 years of experience on what we do, and he's had like 6 months. where starting to play a decent amount of shows, and he says he can't practice a lot because "his legs hurt/give out". i would hate to cancel a show for him..
i made a thread about this earlier (a while ago) but now its to a point where were kicking him out.
Last edited by Zeroxsk8er1 at Mar 1, 2009,
Just plan this: As he's walking into your house for band practise, make sure he catches you making sick drum beats on any given drum program.
Quote by heaven's gate
Just plan this: As he's walking into your house for band practise, make sure he catches you making sick drum beats on any given drum program.

Genius!
But do you think he'll catch it?
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
"Hey...I'm gonna need you to, like, not be in the band anymore....sorry."
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Pretend he isn't there, don't acknowledge his existance.

Or burn his house down.

Edit - Have him come into next practice, and when the old drummer comes in he'll be leik
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by E_squared
Genius!
But do you think he'll catch it?

Well, he is a drummer, so probably not...

Alternatively, TS, lend your drummer a Genghis Tron cd and tell them all the drums and beats are programmed.
tell him a riddle. while he thinks of the answer, run and find a new one.

you: "What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries"
drummer: whuuu.... *sits and ponders*
you: *runs away*
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
yeah i did find a new drummer.
he has a car, doesnt whine.
and is like 998375662349 times better.

the rest of the band likes him.
but how do i let the other guy out?

just tell him that you don't think he's quite the caliber of drummer you need and that it would be in everyone's best interest if he moved on to a band more his level.

there's like no drummers around where i live, so if you're anywhere like me he'll have no problem finding a new band to take him in
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
yeah i did find a new drummer.
he has a car, doesnt whine.
and is like 998375662349 times better.

the rest of the band likes him.
but how do i let the other guy out?

Did you actually do the math on that...

Just boot him. Aerosmith booted a guitar player early on, and they were still really good friends. And if he doesn't want to be your friend, oh well. Good riddance to bad drumming.
Quote by paranoideyes
introduce her to the back of your hand.
Quote by saphrax
Remember kids.
Backhand = Discipline
Palm hand = Abuse

shoot his knees.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
yeah i know.
like today we had "practice"
i brought my friend the future new drummer. his name is andrew.
we were going to "jam" with him. but since my friends parents were sick we could'nt actually practice because we couldn't play the drums.
thats kind of why i brought andrew to practice to play the drums.
but our regular drummer didn't "feel" like playing today, so he went downstair and started playing Xbox... WTF.

the other guitarist also a really good friend of mine, was pissed off.
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
ok so my bands drummer is being a little girl. whines a lot about practice, isnt really that good, pissing the whole band of, and thinks he's the best drummer which he's not. No where near close. only reason we kept him is because he's a good friend. sort off. but how would we tell him that he's out of the band, i mean even though he's a dick i still want to be friends with him. people keep telling us he's holding us back. everyone has had over 3 years of experience on what we do, and he's had like 6 months. where starting to play a decent amount of shows, and he says he can't practice a lot because "his legs hurt/give out". i would hate to cancel a show for him..
i made a thread about this earlier (like a year ago) but now its to a point where were kicking him out.

tell him this:

You're a little girl, you're a whinny ass pussy, you suck, you piss us all off and you are a stuck up piece of crap. You are no where near close to being a good drummer. The only reason we keep you because you are a "friend" (do quotes signs with hands). GTFO

Honesty is the best policy
I got this from a tv show and it's suitable for this situation. Just tell him you've been thinking about the bands future and he's not in it. Might be to subtle for a drummer but it works for relationships.
Quote by Myfirstpubes
tell him this:

You're a little girl, you're a whinny ass pussy, you suck, you piss us all off and you are a stuck up piece of crap. You are no where near close to being a good drummer. The only reason we keep you because you are a "friend" (do quotes signs with hands). GTFO

Honesty is the best policy

huh.. a little harsh...
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
i made a thread about this earlier (like a year ago) but now its to a point where were kicking him out.

...continuity error.
Quote by SoftOath
tell him that u found a new drummer...he never whines, is always on time for practice, and never misses a beat...then introduce him to ur new drum program

Yeah and he will be like oh well i got a new band and the guitarist can read music, count up to 4 and not be an arrogant ****

...actually he is a keyboard player (and scrap the arrogant **** bit)
Hopefully you will get lucky and your drummer will spontaneously combust and all that will be left is a green blob on his chair.
Quote by cheez1492
just tell him that you don't think he's quite the caliber of drummer you need and that it would be in everyone's best interest if he moved on to a band more his level.

there's like no drummers around where i live, so if you're anywhere like me he'll have no problem finding a new band to take him in

yeah theres rarely any drummers where i live. but the vocalist, and the other guitarist make up the drums for him. so he pretty much just plays what hes told... except he's limited on his playing. VERY limited to be exact. practice usually lasts for 30 mins at the most. which pisses me off.

what about, "billy if your legs hurt that much, then we feel like you should take a break". and that break is forever??
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
huh.. a little harsh...

yeah, but hopefully he becomes the dave mustaine of drumming or something and starts a rival band. Your band sells out making an album with a pop rock producer while his band keeps on making badass music and ****
Tell him that you are going to start every practice with a simple crossword exercise. If my notions about drummers intelligence are right then he should disappear by himself after a few practices.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
yeah theres rarely any drummers where i live. but the vocalist, and the other guitarist make up the drums for him. so he pretty much just plays what hes told... except he's limited on his playing. VERY limited to be exact. practice usually lasts for 30 mins at the most. which pisses me off.

what about, "billy if your legs hurt that much, then we feel like you should take a break". and that break is forever??

well i couldn't say that with a straight face... but try it?
if he's not contributing to writing or playing and you have someone who can, just replace him. if he's a really good friend and you wanna keep him around just don't be too harsh or offer to let him stick around for practices and help with writing. but if he has no skills and he can't be number 2, just let him go.
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
This.
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
that has nothing to do with this thread???

it'll sure let the drummer down, as well as the rest of the band, and all family and friends.
Call him Yoko and tell him instead of him breaking up the band, you are kicking him out.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Better yet, rename the band "Minus (whatever his name is)" and mention that the name is also the new lineup.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
you" everyone whos in the band raise your hand (pointing to drummer) NOT SO FAST___________(drummers name)"
OR
light his drum kit on fire
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Do what Guns did to Steven. Have him sign something that says if he ****s around one more time during practice and doesn't practice, or whatever you want to write, he's out. Usually its 3 strikes and thats it.

But since you found a new drummer already, want him out bad, and he seems to always **** up, one time is good enough =]
Quote by CoreysMonster
find a new drummer
tell old drummer to gtfo
???
profit.

The ultimate forward planning guide

Cheese
Demons
???
Profit
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by Argonaut
The ultimate forward planning guide

Cheese
Demons
???
Profit

I completely agree with your sig "once you go black you don't go back".
Page 1 of 2