I have a few questions about acrylic guitars. Are they made anymore? who makes/made them? Where could I find one, other than ebay or craigslist.Is there somthing that drastically reduces the playability of acrylic guitars? Is that why they arnt made anymore? THanks to anyone that can help
Quote by blandguitar
hell yes it will. heavy s.o.b.'s i had a clear mockingbird, i loved it. gave it to my older brother as he needed a fully functional electric.

Can you say how much it weighted? More or less than a Gibson Les Paul?
Quote by burnboy85
Can you say how much it weighted? More or less than a Gibson Les Paul?

i dunno about the mockingbird but the acrylic warlock is atleast 15 pounds....dunno how much that is in Kilos
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
My buddy used to have that same Mockingbird.
It weighed 21 pounds.

Don't ****ing buy it.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
My buddy used to have that same Mockingbird.
It weighed 21 pounds.

Don't ****ing buy it.

or buy it, work out a lot, & ... yeah
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
or buy it, work out a lot, & ... yeah

**** that.
I work out a lot, it was still a pain in the ass to play.
Hell, even a 16 lb guitar is a pain. My main guitar is 16 lbs XD

You don't wanna lug that around on your neck.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
wow really that much? What makes them so heavey? My V s 8 poinds, my dads les paul custom is 10 pounds, my hondo is 10 pounds, the 59 lpj is 7 pounds, and my bass is 8 pounds.What does it feel like to stand up/ sit down playing an acrylic? I still adore the looks of them, and will probably save up for them.Wether they weigh more than all of my guitars or not, unless they play absolutely horrible.Youtube searchey time!
dude, it sucks at first but i was like 12 when i got mine, and i adjusted to it within a month. i gave it to my older brother (26) and he bi**ed and moaned about the weight at first, you get used to it. just start sitting down. but worth the buy, i loved mine
Quote by burnboy85
wow really that much? What makes them so heavey? My V s 8 poinds, my dads les paul custom is 10 pounds, my hondo is 10 pounds, the 59 lpj is 7 pounds, and my bass is 8 pounds.What does it feel like to stand up/ sit down playing an acrylic? I still adore the looks of them, and will probably save up for them.Wether they weigh more than all of my guitars or not, unless they play absolutely horrible.Youtube searchey time!

The fact that acrylic is denser than wood makes it "so heavy"...

O and for TS, Shecter and i think Hamer do some nice acrylic models.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by blandguitar
dude, it sucks at first but i was like 12 when i got mine, and i adjusted to it within a month. i gave it to my older brother (26) and he bi**ed and moaned about the weight at first, you get used to it. just start sitting down. but worth the buy, i loved mine

Yea, I'm pretty used to standing up and playing, and my V is good for that.I want a unique guitar that stands out, and makes people go "cool" or "wow" or "can I try?" or "can I buy you a mentally challenged Chiwawa called Tater Tot?" So what models did BC rich make into acrylics, I can find anyhting about it on their website.I've seen a clear warlock, a green mockingbird, a red warlock, and I think i saw a clear warbeast, is that all they made? I'd be interested in an Acrylic Bich model, But mocking bird is good too.
i've seen black/red warlocks
red/clear/green mockingbirds, havent seen any in another store except for where i bought mine. and you can stand with it, but practice for a couple weeks sitting, then stand. but i love the mocking bird look. everyone who saw is was like "thats fu**ing awesome"
Quote by Justice4AllOne
**** that.
I work out a lot, it was still a pain in the ass to play.
Hell, even a 16 lb guitar is a pain. My main guitar is 16 lbs XD

You don't wanna lug that around on your neck.

its really not that much of a pain, both guitars i have are heavy by any standard guitar today, my Ibanez is about 18lbs and my BC Rich comes in at about 20, so its all good to me, but then again im 6'1" and 280 LBS and i bench press alot so im used to weight
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
I don't know too much about them but the general consensus is that they sustain forever because they're so dense, but they lack resonance and they are extremely heavy.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio