Okay guys, I have a question. My hair looks like this (This pic is a bit older, as my hair is now down to my upper lip when laying flat, as in this picture, it would be to my nose):

http://s391.photobucket.com/albums/oo357/SMB13_bucket/?action=view&current=l_188b4f3fbecc8607f4b7df932026e555.jpg

Now, since it has gotten longer (lol) it's starting to part awkwardly, mainly where the hair kinda turns towards the right. Sometimes it's a pain, sometimes I can manage it. But lately, I've just been saying screw it.

And then I started thinking. If it's starting to naturally part more on it's own, how can I use this to my advantage. Then I started thinking more. I want to have the typical guy metal head look. You know, think Jeff Loomis, Alexi Laiho, Matt Tuck, etc.

Now, I know I have to let my hair grow longer before it can actually look right, but I starting to try to part it own my own, just to see what it would be like. But whenever I go to part it, it just doesn't look right. Like, where it should part in the middle, it doesn't look... Normal, I suppose?

So I was wondering if anyone in the Pit had hair like this (I know, there's probably plenty) and I was hoping someone could tell me how to part like that, or if there's some form of trickery or Black Magic involved.

Okay, I'm done now, lol.

Thanks Guys!
Quote by SMB13
I want to have the typical guy metal head look.

Why? Why want to look like everyone else? Just asking.
comb it over one eye, and write songs about death and loneliness
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
just wear a hat. 'tis what i do.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Dude. Just grow it down to roughly 3 in. past your shoulder, and then circle headbang.
Bam. Metal-hair.
That's how I do it.
And Jeff Loomis is a f*uckin beast.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Yeah...I don't think anything but longer hair is gonna do it.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Don't do anything except let it grow.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
but how are babby formed?
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Alright, my hair is down past my shoulderblades and ive grown it out twice so i think i know what im saying as a guy with long hair... its going to be awkward for a while. Thats usually the time between the nose and your jaw. You can usually go towards a little jel or moose to start getting your part to part right. Usually down the middle works fine but i have a different shape face than you. Another you could probably get away with would be a little bit of an emo look. You could try a little more punk if you use a beanie or something. Hats help keep the hair out of your face. Another thing to do is use a set of headphones and a hairband. Yes, just like Yoh from Shaman King. Artist even said how he used it as a headband and didnt really use it for music. Hea, it works. A style among us asians that works is when it gets a little longer is tying the back into a small ponytail and the front being parted down the middle. Other than that, you will probably have to experiment with different stuff to get it to work right...
Quote by dethead666
caring how your hair looks is not metal.

caring how metal another guy caring how metal his hair looks is not metal.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Quote by GogglesVK
Why? Why want to look like everyone else? Just asking.

err... most human males have shortly cropped hair, how is having long hair equal to looking like everyone else?
As a man that does hair I will tell you that you had train your hair to part any way.

Invest in got2be hair gel/glue.
Quote by Kata Dante
caring how metal another guy caring how metal his hair looks is not metal.

LOL WUT?
Alrighty, thanks guys.

GogglesVK: No

Kata Dante: lol

So i;m checking out the hair thread now, and from the looks of it, I'm just gonna let it keep growing until I find something else, seeing as how that seems to be the general consensus of advice

Thanks guys!
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
And since no one has pointed this out yet... you look like a total wank.

Why thank you, that was the look I was going for

on you, sir
buzz cut, most comfortable and easiest to maintain haircut ever.
"How to fly: Hurl yourself at the ground and miss."
-Douglas Adams
Pround member of the Motley Crue club.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
And since no one has pointed this out yet... you look like a total wank.

haha
Quote by darthteet

Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by creeping.death!
Errr...because he likes that look?

If he cared about finding a look he liked he wouldn't be on an internet forum asking about how to look metal. People are overly-concerned with how they look nowadays...

Quote by Ramseus
err... most human males have shortly cropped hair, how is having long hair equal to looking like everyone else?

He said "I want the typical metalhead look". That counts as looking like everyone else...

EDIT:
Quote by SMB13
Alrighty, thanks guys.

GogglesVK: No

Yes
Last edited by GogglesVK at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by Levi79
you probably do too

I probably do and that's why I don't have a thread askin people to grow my hair and pictures of how it looks now.
Quote by darthteet

Dude...old. Lame. 9 months ago.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Quote by Cutlass_253
Dude...old. Lame. 9 months ago.

Kensai might take issue with that. You sure you want to get on the wrong side of the unofficial king-of-The-Pit?
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by GogglesVK
If he cared about finding a look he liked he wouldn't be on an internet forum asking about how to look metal.

Why not? He likes the "metal" kinda look, and he's asking how to get it.

I really don't see your point here.

People are overly-concerned with how they look nowadays...

Probably, but that doesn't mean looks aren't important.
Quote by creeping.death!
Why not? He likes the "metal" kinda look, and he's asking how to get it.

I really don't see your point here.

Probably, but that doesn't mean looks aren't important.

My point is that people shouldn't be concerned with "achieving" a look. Have your own style...

And looks aren't that important unless you're going for a job interview or something like that...and then looking like a metal head REALLY won't help you.
Quote by GogglesVK
My point is that people shouldn't be concerned with "achieving" a look. Have your own style...

Maybe he likes that particular style? What's wrong with that?

I mean, it seems to me that you are saying that he should try to be different just for the sake of being different. What's the point?

And looks aren't important unless you're going for a job interview or something like that

No, not really.

...and then looking like a metal head REALLY won't help you.

True.
Quote by creeping.death!
Maybe he likes that particular style? What's wrong with that?

I mean, it seems to me that you are saying that he should try to be different just for the sake of being different. What's the point?

I'm not suggesting that he be different just to be different. It's kind of a hard concept for me to explain.

But it doesn't really matter in the end, it's not my hair (thankfully).
I wear a hat.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by dethead666
LOL WUT?

I tend to have that effect on people.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3