I see know point of making this thread just to make that statement.
Edit: Just realised my postwas point less so as not to make this redundent(sp?). I agree Cliff wasn't all that great, but still his work was very good and he's someone to look up to. His death probably added to his fame.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Last edited by alternitivebass at Mar 1, 2009,
That man is my idol. He's the reason I play bass.

Whether you say he was/is the best is a matter of personal opinion. There is no way to prove whether he is the best or not.

Remember, he died very early in his life. There are better bassists now that have been doing their thing for more than 30 years, he was only doing it for about 10-12 years.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
I fail to see the point of this thread.

I like Cliff, he probably has influenced a lot of people to pick up bass and contributed a lot to their sound, but there are many bassists who are more talented.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by telecastrmastr
who does he play for? i keep hearing his name

Played for Metallica, Wikipedia him.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
See theFitz blog on this, and this thread seems pretty spam/flame to me.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Since this is a thread of opinion (which will get closed shortly), i will share mine. I don't like him. And his tone, oooh his tone, I rather have my tone resemble nails on a chalkboard than his, seriously, it sounds like a really loud obnoxious 5 year old kid going WAHHHHHH
I have yet to hear him play.

What are some of his best songs?
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
If you want to hear his soloing tone, Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth) was the bass solo he recorded on Kill 'em All.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
He's not the greatest bassist, which I think is obvious. As a musician though, he was amazing. Without him Metallica would never have gone through the changes shown on Ride the Lightning, MoP, and even Justice.

And he sure did have some fast fingers.
It's all opinion. There is no right answer. I like him, never thought he was TEH BEZZZT EVAR!!11!!111.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE