Hey guys,

So far these three seem best but I'm always up for recommendations. The DD-20 and Dl-4 are the easiest for me to get but the DD-20 is supposed to be a tone sucker and the Dl-4 is supposed so be realllly fragile. The Nova seems to sound nice and has a lot of presets but i heard that it too is really fragile.

I need something that can handle basic delays well but also be capable of doing sort of "out there" kind of stuff (I play experimental music).

What's a guy to do?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
The TPR thread may be of some assistance.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
the tc nova is the best of those for the features, I never heard of any reliability issues with it, but yeah if you take good care of it, it won't break
Check out the EHX Stereo Memory Man. It is on par with all three of those, if not better.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
i love my dd-20. my presets are: digital delay, analog delay, warp delay and reverse. i mainly use the first two, but for craziness the latter two are particularly useful. i'm also looking to pick up a danelectro wasabi forward/reverse delay for crazier stuff, because nothing's crazier than a forward/reverse delay being forward reversed.
I'm a big fan of the DD-20 myself. Doesn't suck tone as far as my ears are concerned. And all the features are pretty darn cool; though I'm not a fan of "Slice"...
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
The DL-4 also can drop your volume quite a bit i've heard. It seems like there is no all aroud great delay right now beside the DD-3, and that doesnt have enough options of me.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Go for the Nova dude. It is NOT fragile. T.C. Electronics stuff is built to last.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Yeah right now the only thing wrong i can find with the Nova is that its going to be harder to buy (long story) and has no built in looper (i'd rather have a really solid delay pedal than have a mediocre one with a so-so looper though). The other two both seem really nice as well, with the boss i'm only concerned about losing tone and with the DL-4 i fear breakage and the volume drop, this is so complicated lol
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
EHX Stereo Memory Man is the answer. Solid as a rock, sounds great, tons of options, 30 sec looper and no noticable volume drop. Seriously, watch some demos and try it out - it is sick.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Nova dealy. It's the best sounding delay hands down, and it's built like a tank. I dont know where you heard that it is supposed to be fragile, well, it's not.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl