Page 1 of 3
Ok, title says all.

Of all religions, my family is Catholic and raised me Catholic but I've been enlightened over the years w/ too much information to believe in Catholicism (no offense).

I went to Catholic school and it's really hard to stay faithful to so many concepts I really do not agree on (I had history class right before religion which made it hard b/c I learned about history along side religion and I couldn't help but notice too many similarities between Christianity and so many other religions and then learning where these similarities came from and it's just too much).

Anyways, my mom is religious and she's sending my brothers to Sunday school and all and ya know, she follows it. I told her I was agnostic last year and my parents had a bit of a panic.

They're old fashioned and I even heard my step dad blame the guitar (mind you, an SG which means it has horns, I guess that had something to do w/ it, idk).

She tries to bring me back by telling me to pray at night, come to church w/ them and so on. How do I just tell her I'm atheist?
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by SweatyMushrooms
"Mom, I'm an atheist"

damn, beat me to it
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Just because the Catholics are wrong doesn't mean you need to give up on God.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
"Mother dearest, as of late I have decided you are full of sh!t"

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Piss on a bible.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Recite Epicurus:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Then tell her you think he's spot on.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Mom, I'm an athiest

beaten to it, but yeah...
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Mom, I'm totally disregarding yours and the rest of the family's beliefs by choosing to not believe in the religion that you hold sacred.
In short, I'm an atheist.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Don't tell her?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I once heard some very intelligent people say in a response to a thread quite like this:

"Mom, I'm atheist"
Quote by sneyob

well, actually it kinda does.

HAIL SATAN!
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
"knock knock?"
"whoes there"
"i can tell you whos not there...God"
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
"Hey, i'm going to go have sex with my girlfriend in a church. What? You didn't get the memo? I'm atheist now. Ok...well, bye."
Sail upon the open skies
I have this same problem, except for Muslim instead of Catholic.

I'm honestly afraid to make the slightest off-hand comment about the non-existence of god.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Kick her in the nuts then tell her to rub icy hot on it.

Then tell her.

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
If she already thinks you're agnostic, maybe there's no need? if she's not forcing you to pray and whatnot then it doesn't matter what she thinks you believe. She might just worry for your soul if you told her outright. If she thinks you're agnostic or an undevout christian then maybe that's enough?
Maybe I'm wrong, I just can't see the benefits of your mum knowing.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by sneyob

In the period I was agnostic I was looking for a religion and while doing I kept finding bad things done by Christians b/c of their faith.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

"Mama, io sono un ateo"

"Mere, je suis un athée"

"Mama, yo soy un ateo"

Go wild.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by HelloHalo
I have this same problem, except for Muslim instead of Catholic.

I'm honestly afraid to make the slightest off-hand comment about the non-existence of god.

Isn't muslim like EXTREMELY extreme?

In all honestly, won't they punish you severely?

Quote by Våd Hamster

"Mom, don't laugh, but I'm an Atheist."
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Turn all the crosses in your house upside down.
^ I vote This
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Do you really need a specific religion? It doesn't sound like you don't believe in God, just that you don't align yourself to a specific faith.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Misticalz
In the period I was agnostic I was looking for a religion and while doing I kept finding bad things done by Christians b/c of their faith.

In all seriousness that doesn't mean you have to give up on religion, just Christianity. Lots of other options out there, atheism happens to be one of the more trendy ones at the moment.

Quote by Sublimical
Step-Dad? Catholics don't believe in divorce, or did GOD change his mind about that???

no,*you have to get an annulment instead of a divorce.
HAIL SATAN!
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by Stoner stone
"knock knock?"
"whoes there"
"i can tell you whos not there...God"

^ This one, hilarious!
"My name is ____ and I'm an alcoholic."

......wait......
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Well it's not like you're telling her you're gay. it shouldn't be that bad.

But Catholics are ****ing crazy.
So given the situation, just let it come out in conversation. Just keep shut, but if it comes up somehow just be like "I don't believe in God......bitch"
Ask her the question: Could god create a hot pocket so hot that he himself could not eat it?

Her head will explode.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Just remember that the bible is the most valuble history book there is which is why scholors study it and it is a reference to the past times.

i think you probably want something to rebel against because you're young and ant to be hip. so you think turning your back is 'cool'.

don't worry. Jesus and God love you and will guide you back when the time is right.

God bless.
Quote by big duck
If she already thinks you're agnostic, maybe there's no need? if she's not forcing you to pray and whatnot then it doesn't matter what she thinks you believe. She might just worry for your soul if you told her outright. If she thinks you're agnostic or an undevout christian then maybe that's enough?
Maybe I'm wrong, I just can't see the benefits of your mum knowing.

She does try to get me to pray. And to go to Church.

Page 1 of 3