So basically, i love the clean channel, and love the dirt on my rockerverb, but i've been thinking about getting an OD to use on the clean channel to get a sort of "half gain" sound.

I love the sound of clean parts used with a bit of dirt, almost like using a marshall for cleans. I can get the sound pefectly on the amp by setting the gain around half on the dirty channel, but for live use I would need a pedal. Would an OD work for this, or should i look at something else?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
That's kinda what they were invented for, yeah...

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Quote by Cutlass_253
That's kinda what they were invented for, yeah...

This. Or just crank your own clean channel a bit if you can.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
This. Or just crank your own clean channel a bit if you can.

I could, but ive dimed the cleans before and it just gets a bit too harsh for my taste.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I don't understand the question that much. Overdrive/distortion pedals are to be ran through a clean channel, if you're using a solid state you're not supposed to put a distortion pedal on with the amp's channel distortion. Pedals tend to suck through SS amps anyway.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Quote by Brian 1.0
I don't understand the question that much. Overdrive/distortion pedals are to be ran through a clean channel, if you're using a solid state you're not supposed to put a distortion pedal on with the amp's channel distortion. Pedals tend to suck through SS amps anyway.

The rockerverb is a tube head.

TS: Set the gain on the dirty channel low and use tubescreamer on that for higher gain sounds. Or, you could set the gain on the dirty channel where you want it and use the ts on the clean channel. Whichever you prefer, it should work either way.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Brian 1.0

he has a rockerverb...

and anyway yes, the od will be great for oding your clean channel for a bit of grit.
Quote by Brian 1.0

Read my sig, I have a full tube head.

In a nutshell, im looking to get a more dirty clean sound, almost like having another channel. Id run the OD on the clean channel, so I could get that slightly overdriven sound.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Just turn down your volume knob on the guitar to get less dirt.

It doesnt work when your running lots of gain. Plus, with a noise gate, even though i have an ISP, it takes that weak signal of the turned down input volume and kills the sustain.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Tube Screamer, or Blues Driver. Problem solved.
Gear:
80's Fender P-Lyte Bass
Hartke 1x15 and 4x10 bass stack
Fender Strat HSS
Fender Super Champ XD
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Epiphone Acoustic/Electric
Trying to get...Epiphone Viola Bass/Hummingbird.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Just turn down your volume knob on the guitar to get less dirt.

yeeeees thats your solution....though i dont know how responsive to your guitar volume the orange is
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
I hear good things about the Maxon OD808, and Fulltone OCD. Opinons/experiences anyone?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 > than everything else I've tried. You can get blems off their site for pretty cheap. All around a very good pedal with tons of versatility.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not