hey all you clapton strat guys... i have a question. do your clapton strats seem louder than other strats???? i mean because of the midboost. just wondering because i played with a friend who has a clapton strat and mine homebrew one was a bit louder than his EC sig and way louder than his MIA standard strat. just wanted to know if this was commonplace or is something wrong with mine???
"If the blues are a living thing, Charlie Patton and Robert Johnson taught it how to walk; Muddy and Howlin' Wolf taught it to run and Stevie and Eric may have made it rock but it was T-Bone Walker who made it electric."
Last edited by Blackie08 at Mar 1, 2009,
Hotter pickups?

or maybe your friend was messing around w/ the amp when you weren't looking
If you have the mid boost circuit on then yes, of course it will sound louder. That's the whole point of the mid boost. It beefs up the signal output of the medium frequencies of your guitar. Boosted frequencies = higher output = louder. The addition of extra mid presence in your tone in combination witht he sheer volume increase helps the tone cut through the mix better. It's intended to be used for solos, so you can easily cut in and out from rhythm playing to lead solos without having to go to a stomp box/footswtich.

The one installed in the Clapton strats is a 25dB boost which is pretty powerful. Richie Sambora strats used to have a 12dB boost that is obviously, about half the power. If you're finding the boost on your Clapton strat is too strong for your tastes, you could try buying one of the older systems from a Sambora Strat (or a copy of that system) and replacing your current 25dB boost with the 12dB version.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
im talking about when both of our boost were at zero... i know that its always on btw.
"If the blues are a living thing, Charlie Patton and Robert Johnson taught it how to walk; Muddy and Howlin' Wolf taught it to run and Stevie and Eric may have made it rock but it was T-Bone Walker who made it electric."
It's not a whole lot louder when tone is at 5 and boost is at 10. The boost makes it a bit louder, but not a ton...

If he's trying to boost a clean signal, he's going to notice louder volume, and in a bad way. Boost a gritty signal for best sound.