Okay new amp problem. My budget is around 1100 and has to be new.
I'm in a band who play everything from clean jazzy stuff to silverchair.
I would like the amp to be very versatile tube is a plus.
I don't really care if its a stack or not.

I was looking at the spidervalve 2x12 but jcm's have always appealed to me.
Any advice ?
I've only played a jcm a few times so any info on it would be nice.

Any other suggestions would be greatlt appreciated.
Silverchair seems like some pretty low gain stuff. I bet a deluxe reverb reissue would do you pretty well along with an overdrive pedal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Okay silverchair was a bad example maybe killswitch engage or saosin would be better.
I'm not really a pedal guy.I will check that amp out though. Thank you
O, you want the brootalz, that's definitely not the amp for you then. I'm not too experienced for metal amps in the price range. The bogner alchemist is a pretty good amp, but it may not have enough gain for you.
youll need to find a used mesa to get metal and great cleans. push up your budget a little and you might get lucky and find a used roadster/roadking or something.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I know I suggest this in every "need an amp for 1000 that has good cleans and can do the br00tals" thread, but it is a great amp. A Mesa Boogie Mark III/IV. Also look at used Peavey JSX's, ENGL Screamers (used), ENGL Thunder (new), and maybe a Peavey 3120 halfstack and upgrade the cab later. The head is 1000$ now, but it comes with a Peavey VK cab for a limited time for free. You could sell that for a Avatar 2x12 with Celestion V30's or a Vader 2x12, or a Mesa Rectifier/Stilletto 2x12. One last amp to look at is a Mesa Rectoverb 1x12 or 2x12 used.
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Mar 1, 2009,
^Those are all great suggestions, especially the Marks. I want a mark II/III badly.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Those are all great suggestions, especially the Marks. I want a mark II/III badly.

Thanks
Good luck on a Mark II/III, I got my Mark III Red Stripe for 580$ plus a few really cheap pedals that I dont use. TS, ill have clips of close to all of those amps around tommorow, maybe tonight.
Quote by bulletrocks522
Thanks
Good luck on a Mark II/III, I got my Mark III Red Stripe for 580$ plus a few really cheap pedals that I dont use. TS, ill have clips of close to all of those amps around tommorow, maybe tonight.

can the mark IIs, IIIs, and IVs do the mark one sound? both the clean and the dirt of the mark 1. if it can, i might get one instead of a lonestar.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Are the messa's loud enough to play in a decent sized venue over a drummer. Without overdriving the tubes.

And sadly I'm only looking to buy new. Warrantys are a must for me.

I've never seen messa's around me though. Guitar center and a few local stores ? I've never played one
Clean jazzy stuff to br00t4l1ty? Hm.

Used Line 6 Vetta II, check out some used Bad Cat amps, Mesa Mark II/III/IV/V, Budda Superdrive, Bogner Alchemist, Mesa Stiletto, Pedrone amps (amp clone company) Peavey 3120 (not sure about jazz, though).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
KSE? Saosin?

You want Splawn!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I really liked the screamer. Any shops sell them ?

Right about now I'm feeling guilty about buying a new amp and a little aprehensive.

I know ill want to upgrade later but what if I wind up not liking the amp a few months later.

Aby body else ever feel like this ?

I've never spent this much on gear.

Epi lp custom-used
Peavey classic
And a passed down 5150
I am feeling like this right now

I'm about to delve into a

Mesa/Boogie Roadster Head
Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Straight Cab
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro
Voodoo Lab GCX
etc
etc
etc

and yes...I am REALLY feeling apprehensive about it...however...I know it will feel good down the road...

no worries man, this stuff is worth it!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Has anyone played the spidervalve. I quite frankly love it compared to marshalss, and typical GC amps. But I've never played engls or messas ?

Would I be a baboon to buy the spidervalve ?
Quote by Impress93
Has anyone played the spidervalve. I quite frankly love it compared to marshalss, and typical GC amps. But I've never played engls or messas ?

Ive played a Spider Valve and it sounded exactly like the normal Spider III (like $hit). I would get the Mark III/IV, pretty much the top-of-the-line amps, you know the Mark IV is worth 2000$ new???? The Screamer is good but its more upper midrange quality, and ive never played an ENGL, so IDK. Mesas have to be reliable if the IIC+'s and III's survived and worked perfectley since the early 80's.
Quote by Impress93

I owned it for a while, and it's certainly quite a bit better than the standard Spiders, despite what most people here will tell you, but it's still not a great amp, and it's definitely a bit overpriced. If your GC is full of crap amps, then it will sound the best...but you need more experience. Are there any other shops around you? If you have to buy new, then I'd try to find another shop.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
New - Peavey 3120. EL34s and a clean channel. Sounded a lot like my Quick Rod. Needs cab.

Used - Splawn Quick Rod. EL34s and a clean channel. Needs cab.

I wouldn't get too hung up about needing a warranty with the used amps mentioned. They are built well and I doubt you would ever need a warranty. The things that pop up that need to be fixed are just part of owning an amp.

I just ran a craigslist check for someone the other day in Atalanta. Lots of stuff to look at. Also use the link in my sig. The Mark's would be a sure bet too.