still on that magical amp journey.. after hearing Bonamassa last night and hearing how HUGE his sound is and after reading up on his rig i was thinking about how to kinda morph that sound into an early clapton sound (cream era). JB's rig has a 2 rock, dumble overdrive specials, VanWeelden and a marshall silver jubilee so he has like the ultimate rig in my views... fender style cleans and marshall distortion.he gets his huge sound from a boss DD3 delay, a little reverb and everything just sounds fantastic. if you mixed early EC rig with JB's current rig you would get???? a really cool blues-rock kinda sound i hope. basically cream with a delay pedal maybe??? so here is what i want.....

an amp that will give me (1).creamy, smooth OD and distortion, (2.) great fendery cleans
delay pedal
reverb pedal (if not on amp)
compressor pedal

all will be played with my homebrew EC strat w/ Lace Hot Golds

budget about $800

thinking about..
Fender deluxe VM(no need for pedals)
Peavey Delta Blues(just delay)
lil dawg tweed d-lux( a whole lotta pedals)
open to any others...prefer to buy new as oppsed to used.
"If the blues are a living thing, Charlie Patton and Robert Johnson taught it how to walk; Muddy and Howlin' Wolf taught it to run and Stevie and Eric may have made it rock but it was T-Bone Walker who made it electric."
Last edited by Blackie08 at Mar 1, 2009,
I'd get a traynor ycv50blue, very nice cleans and great marshal overdrive. I'm not certain on joe's sound but claptons overdriven "woman tone" came from a marshall bluesbreaker. You aren't gonna get that tone from a fender.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I could make one for you...

Probably a bit out of your budget range (not by much though).

Try a lower-wattage Fender...

how many watts can you handle?
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
i would say about 40 watts max... how much would it cost for ya to make me one??? im intrigued.....
"If the blues are a living thing, Charlie Patton and Robert Johnson taught it how to walk; Muddy and Howlin' Wolf taught it to run and Stevie and Eric may have made it rock but it was T-Bone Walker who made it electric."
Well first off, Bonamassa uses mainly a Gibson R9 with PAFs, along with several other les pauls with Burstbuckers, WCRs, etc. and I think his strats have WCR SRs (which are a bit rare as Jim Wagner only makes them on special occasion, and Eric Clapton's Cream era guitars were a Gibson SG with "PAF" (rather pat. number) pickups and a 335, also with pat. number pickups. And pre-Cream, Clapton's setup was a PAF loaded 1960 les paul into Marshall JTM45. So with either case, you're missing a big portion of the sound using a strat when you really need a les paul.
Last edited by al112987 at Mar 1, 2009,
I'd probably ask about $1100. Would be a 20-25 watt 6V6 Push-pull amp, 1 channel, reverb on the amp, in whatever color finish you want from here (assuming you don't want Tolex):

http://www.chappellamps.com/cabinets/finishes/finishes.html

Cliff Chappell is a friend of mine, does great work.

EDIT: Head only....
Quote by kcdakrt

hmm i will definitely consider it DLrocket89...
Cool, sounds good. I've built about 10-12 amps for myself and friends, just getting into the more "business" side of things (if you check out my website below...yeah, pretty obvious I'm just getting going w/ the business). Like I said though, been building them for quite awhile though.

Quote by kcdakrt

I would get an analog man NKT sunface and a SF fender bassman 50. it should be right under $800.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
but that traynor ycv 50 blue has also caught my attention as well... what do yall think about that??? btw i don't need a les paul to get early EC... if you heard my EC strat you would already know that
Sorry I just have a very hard time believing that you have a strat with Lace Sensors that can sound like a les paul with PAFs.

An SG with PAFs doesn't even sound like a les paul with PAFs.
everyone is entitled to their opinion but for me now.... EC strat tbx tone 0 boost 10-duncan TTC lead channel gain vol 12 o clock-cranked Vjr= sunshine of your love. don't believe me if ya don't wanna, but for me its close enough without me spending 3G's on a LP... but its not as good as it could be. which is why i am searching for a new amp.. everyones ears are not the same, maybe we each here different stuff
guys i didn't mean to hijack my own thread but would really like some input on that traynor ycv50blue... the only recording i could do would be from my mp3 players mic in front of my Vjr.. and i can only imagine how ****ty that would be... and i doubt my ****ty digital camera is any better. i don't mean to sound like an a-hole as i know that a LP through that same rig would sound better and truer to early EC. im NOT disagreeing with that. im just saying that i got pretty close to it already and a better amp would put me over the top. besides... i love my strat. A strat can't sound like a LP and a LP can't sound like a strat. so now that thats outta the way... how about that amp????