well I will be going to Portugal this summer and i would like to bring a Guitar with me to practice... and since electric will be a pain in the ass to carry Whats a good acoustic durable cheap acoustic guitar that can be use to practice for fun? This will be my first acoustic btw..
up to $250 maybe i can go for more it would just take a while to save i only get $30 a week from parents..
Look at the Sticky's up top there is an Official guitars under $300...good practice ones in there.
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic DG-22 Ebony
Bugera 6262 combo
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Possibility of picking up a cheap second-hand once you get there? I travel in my job, I usually end up buying something about once a month. Search long enough, find a decent deal, play it a while, and resell if you choose. If you're pretty good at the currency exchange stuff and have an idea on where some stores are, products they carry, prices, and taxes, you might have a real opportunity.

At least, if you find that type of stuff enjoyable. I like trading guitars almost more than playing, but I have buddies that bought "that one special guitar" for themselves and won't play anything else. If you don't mind spending a vacation searching through phone books for music stores and can accept the idea that you might not find anything at all..

EDIT That is if you have some knowledge about guitar values. If you are relatively new to guitars and have no one in your family looking over your shoulder that might be a bad idea.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Last edited by millerdrr at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by millerdrr
Possibility of picking up a cheap second-hand once you get there? I travel in my job, I usually end up buying something about once a month. Search long enough, find a decent deal, play it a while, and resell if you choose. If you're pretty good at the currency exchange stuff and have an idea on where some stores are, products they carry, prices, and taxes, you might have a real opportunity.

At least, if you find that type of stuff enjoyable. I like trading guitars almost more than playing, but I have buddies that bought "that one special guitar" for themselves and won't play anything else. If you don't mind spending a vacation searching through phone books for music stores and can accept the idea that you might not find anything at all..

EDIT That is if you have some knowledge about guitar values. If you are relatively new to guitars and have no one in your family looking over your shoulder that might be a bad idea.

well i am kinda new to guitar but i dont really live in a town its more like a village... so i dont think i can buy one there
Quote by Curlyboy
well i am kinda new to guitar but i dont really live in a town its more like a village... so i dont think i can buy one there

I travelled through Spain (Still do!), Portugal, UK and France. Saw lots of Classical stuff, but not much acoustic gear. I would say that USA and UK are best for choice and value on this score.

I bought a 'Travel Guitar' specifically for the purpose whilst in England about 3 or 4 years ago.

It's a Takemine CEB Electro Accoustic, and it was around £250 / $375 at the time, including a gig bag, and a Roland Micro Cube travel amp.

It has now been discontinued, so maybe you could find a bargain?

It's about 35" long and allegedly designed to fit into a large suitcase. (not sure about that)

It's got good intonation for the size, and since taking the 3 thinnest shims from under the bridge, a nice action without any buzz.

It's black - so it looks quite smart, but maybe not to your taste?

Anyway, I like and play it everyday, mainly finger picking bluesy stuff.

It is definitely a great guitar for travelling around with, it's light and portable and even with relatively cheap strings, stays in tune.
For what it's worth, heres a pic:

Dave the Rave - "You can't sack me! - I'm Sack-less!"

Yamaha FGX412
Takamine CEB
Roland Cube
Korg Tuner CA-30
Couple of 1960's Echo Super Vampers mouth harps.
(. . . plus a cheap Rogue black Dread'nt 6 String and a black Mandolin in USA)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=travel+guitar&src=3WWRWXGG&ZYXSEM=0

normally I wouldn't buy off the net, but this situation is one of the exceptions.

Lots here to choose from.
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
I like the F335 for $130-$150. Its cheap enough and sounds good for the price.