Hey, i played guitar about 2 years, i want to sing a bit while playing. So i need a song with simple chord and easy singing, doing chord is absolutely not the gender of song i normaly do (i mostly play shred...).

Any suggestion? (Simple chord, simple singing, doesn't matter if the song i bad)(No metal singing, i can't get that tone now...)(No Jonas Brother plz)

Thanks!
If your looking for some acoustic stuff there's Boss D.J. by Sublime, Sweet Pea by Amos Lee, A Walk Through Hell by Say Anything
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG
What I Got by Sublime is probably the easiest I'm pretty sure it's just G and A, although it might be G and something else.
Any Waylon Jennings Song
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
hotel yorba-the white stripes
youve got to hide your love away-the beatles
wish you were here-pink floyd
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
if you can't play and sing through the fire and flames at the same time, give up guitar
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by MangeuDePoutine
Hey, i played guitar about 2 years, i want to sing a bit while playing. So i need a song with simple chord and easy singing, doing chord is absolutely not the gender of song i normaly do (i mostly play shred...).

Any suggestion? (Simple chord, simple singing, doesn't matter if the song i bad)(No metal singing, i can't get that tone now...)(No Jonas Brother plz)

Thanks!

Ya know, before I read you usually do shred I figured that from your icon. Make a chord version of Kryptonite, it's very easy to do. Soften up the vocals and add the notes together for chords and substitute the power chords (if you want to) for a slower open string chord for the same scale. Don't palm mute (which is probably obvious). As for the solo, skip it altogether.

You don't need to choose a song that is already acoustic, some songs are really easy to convert 'em. Also, "Scars" by Papa Roach has an acoustic version.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by kylepianoman
if you can't play and sing through the fire and flames at the same time, give up guitar

dragonforce cant do either at different times.

WHAT IS THIS PARADOX?!?!?
Good Riddance (Time of your life) - Green Day.

amazing song, 4 chords.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awJ_ekg6BZQ
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by kylepianoman

Just another metal head with an ego problem. Grow the hell up and learn to respect for other genres of music.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by Misticalz
Something easy would also be "Pork and Beans" acoustic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQnT3psRi7Q (Acoustic version w/ the guitarist from Weezer and Tom Zonday)

It's Tay Zonday, not Tom.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Try knockin on heavens door or the times they are a-changing by bob dylan.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Quote by Blackwaterson89
Just another metal head with an ego problem. Grow the hell up and learn to respect for other genres of music.

I barely dig into metal...
the most brootal I get to that is sky eats airplane and fall of troy
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by Blackwaterson89

I know sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet but really?
try some eagles stuff
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Quote by daeqwon10000
By The Way-Red Hot Chili Peppers

If you can't sing and play that at the same time, go play mandolin

I hope yer being sarcastic or something, because the mandolin is a beautiful instrument when in the right hands...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Quote by Just_a_picker
I hope yer being sarcastic or something, because the mandolin is a beautiful instrument when in the right hands...

He is, he is saying because its smaller.

Jeez mandolin players are so sensitive.:P

This Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KGw9JXsBmI
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Hotel California

EDIT: +1 too "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)" and "Wish You Were Here".
Last edited by ctb at Mar 2, 2009,