other than looks is there any benefit to a reverse headstock,. one of the guys at a guitar shop was saying something about it helping some of the strings
On certain shapes, it can help with the string tension, sometimes alleviating the need for string trees.

It's mostly looks though.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
yes i heard if you tune down, a reverse headstock will help the lower strings tension and make it not so floppy
I really like mine. And someone up there said it helps tuning down and I'd agree. Also looks bad ass. When tuning my other guitar, I get confused about which is which and tune the wrong ones sometimes.
Quote by Taygunov
yes i heard if you tune down, a reverse headstock will help the lower strings tension and make it not so floppy

This is not true.
Its really just looks like Otter said. I too have a Jackson with a reverse headstock and it truely is a pain to tune cause the tunning machines are on the underside and backwards so if you can't remember that then you'll down tune or tune the wrong machine when your trying to get the right tuning on the right string. Those are the only downsides overcomable downsides but thats all i can think of.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by The Pickle Man
Quote by Taygunov
This is not true.
I would have said "total fucking bullshit."
but your answer is more polite. let's go with that one.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
It makes it a pain to tune. As for any mojo its gonna be one of those eric johnson says.....