I broke the radial head in my left arm. This is at the elbow joint and it's preventing me from rotating my wrist so that my palm faces up. i.e. I can't play guitar. Anyone else had a similar fracture and got any stories to tell about how it affected your playing?

I'm going to track my progress via video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afqkn3uqawo
Yes, but before I played guitar so I, as usual, have nothing to contribute to this discussion.
You're*
Yes and it sucked. I broke it in grade five riding a scooter in my basement and hitting/skooter tripping over a pencil. I find this story highly embarrassing and I don't know why I felt the need to tell it xD

also: I played clarinet not guitar at the time so it wasn't a big deal in that regard.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Last edited by Shadowenspirit at Mar 2, 2009,
Try putting your guitar body on the ground and playing it like a cello.
Quote by Toker420
Try putting your guitar body on the ground and playing it like a cello.

Shall I pick with my foot?
I shattered the plate under my pinky knuckle, fractured the long bone that leads from the wrist to the knuckle, and compacted my wrist pretty badly all at once when I was younger. I was in a cast for months upon months after the doc re-broke it to set it again. Try playin bass like that.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you