Hey, I'm looking for a new amp. I wanted something with amazing fender blackface cleans and good SRV blues overdrive. I have an OCD as well, so it can add to the overdrive if an amp is lacking.
The tone I'm after is that of a vintage Fender blackface Vibrolux or vibroverb, but being as they're in the 2-3000 range, I can't do it. I could go about $1000 and I'm definitely willing to go used (i'll probably have to). I also love the tone of Princeton Reverbs, but they're only 15 watts and I need a little more. Probably at least 25-30 watts.
Here's an example of the tone I'm looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHATrMYfcKI

I'm just hoping that there's a less popular brand than Fender, as it should be cheaper. I'd like for it to be roughly $1000 USD used.

(FYI I currently have an Orange Tiny Terror but it's too small, I want a combo, and it has weak cleans.)

TL;DR: I need a good amp similar to Fender Blackfaces that isn't made by fender so it can squeeze around the $1000 range
Why don't you look at the silverface reissues? Right around your price range, and great Fender chimey tones.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
i cant stand the reissues. they literally sound bad to me.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Yeah, not a big fan of a lot of the reissues either. The Princeton Reverb Reissue is one of the few I like, but as I said I need more volume than that.
Randall RM50 with Blackface and Tweed modules?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I've spent a lot of time today looking around online, and I think up so far, the amp I'm most interested in is now the Fender Bassman. The 62 seems to be the best to me, but I do want a combo.. To be honest, the Reissue sounded awesome to me in youtube videos. As long as it sounds fine, I'll be happy. Unfortunately it's still a good $1600 so maybe I can grab a used one or sell my body or something.
just pick up a SF that has been BF'ed (and make sure the job is well done)