I just finished watching 2001: A Space Odyssey and I don't know, I just feel lost. Not confused lost, but just not here. I don't know how to explain it, I'm just gone I guess. The ending of the movie blew my mind, it's just....gone. I don't really know how to explain it.

But posting this to see if anyone else has had that emotion after a movie, art, music, something that isn't a drug. haha
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Too cloudy and I live in a city, so street lights kill the fun of that.
does shiver feeling in music count? cuz i got that huge the first time i listened to comfortably numb a few years ago, i no longer am able find that feeling in much music anymore(none as emotional i think) i miss it

but after watching across the universe i was kinda tripped.. and i was sober
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Ever seen "What the Bleep?"

It is a mind****.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
I do too many drugs to feel anything from sobriety. Good job doing it yourself though.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
does shiver feeling in music count? cuz i got that huge the first time i listened to comfortably numb a few years ago, i no longer am able find that feeling in much music anymore(none as emotional i think) i miss it

but after watching across the universe i was kinda tripped.. and i was sober

Yea, Pink Floyd does that. Have you heard the live version from The PULSE DVD? The solo made me cry. Not kidding.

But, yea. Pink Floyd takes me places. Echoes is a mind****, and the whole Saucerful of Secrets album blows my mind too
Quote by Toker420
I do too many drugs to feel anything from sobriety. Good job doing it yourself though.

I never got big on drug use, I used to smoke a lot of pot but that's it and that got boring for me.

Although honestly I've had a huge desire to take acid or shrooms. But haven't yet.
its a good movie, and hypnotizing. i think i had the same sort of thing the first time i watched Being John Malcovitch.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I just finished watching 2001: A Space Odyssey and I don't know, I just feel lost. Not confused lost, but just not here. I don't know how to explain it, I'm just gone I guess. The ending of the movie blew my mind, it's just....gone. I don't really know how to explain it.

But posting this to see if anyone else has had that emotion after a movie, art, music, something that isn't a drug. haha

I know that feeling.

I had it at the end of A Scanner Darkly, The Shining and A Clockwork Orange.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I never got big on drug use, I used to smoke a lot of pot but that's it and that got boring for me.

Although honestly I've had a huge desire to take acid or shrooms. But haven't yet.

Do it. Fun as ****. Try every drug at least once, to form an opinion on it, I say.
I'm glad other people understand what I mean. Just the last half hour made me really wish I were alive back in 1968 to go see it in the theatres.

Another movie that made me feel something really weird was Fargo. That left me feeling nothing at all, not that it didn't change my feelings I had before watching it, it actually took all feelings I had away. I just sat there for 5 minutes afterward not saying a single word. It's such a depressingly dry movie. Everything is so bad for everyone and it being in Fargo in winter just added to the desolated feeling of it all.
Try Radiohead. Every song makes me feel sadder, yet more hopeful. The only time I've shed a tear because of music was at the guitar solo in Lucky, off OK Computer.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by Pernell
Do it. Fun as ****. Try every drug at least once, to form an opinion on it, I say.

I say the same kind of, but I understand what most drugs are, like Cocaine, I won't do because the effects of it aren't what I'm looking for. And Meth....I'm not putting anything in me that if mixed wrong could blow up.

DoTheEdit:

Quote by kaptkegan
Try Radiohead. Every song makes me feel sadder, yet more hopeful. The only time I've shed a tear because of music was at the guitar solo in Lucky, off OK Computer.

Yea, Radiohead ****s with me a lot. Hail To The Thief is such a mood altering album. I don't think I've ended it feeling the same way twice yet.
Last edited by DoTheEvolution at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by DoTheEvolution

go for it man, they are really fun and quite safe for you surprisingly.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Replace Comfortable Numb with everything by Nevermore and Opeth, and replace emotion with general good music-ness, and I have the same thing.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
It's a pretty great feeling I won't lie. It's just I haven't felt like that in awhile and it kind of sneaked up on me