Holy Crap Batman! I just got my head blasted off with confusion. So I'm on youtube ya see. I'm watching these people play their guitar covers of their favorite songs using the original tune as the backing track. I am no good at all with technology. I seek answers for how one is able to record video, audio from guitar AND backing track audio at the SAME time. I've tried it. But I can't manage to record all three together. This has got David freakin' Copperfield sayin' "Now how in the hell do you do that?"

Please help me.........
But don't some of these people have the backing track being played on their computer. What are supposed to mic the computer too?
Wait....

Where the **** is the third part coming from?

Original audio as backing as one, guitar as two...........??

/confused
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Wait....

Where the **** is the third part coming from?

Original audio as backing as one, guitar as two...........??

/confused

What I mean is this:

You can hear the player's guitar. You can hear the backing track. And you can see the video. I can't figure out how to get both backing track and guitar recording at the same time as the vid.
Quote by Haunt3dAng3l
What I mean is this:

You can hear the player's guitar. You can hear the backing track. And you can see the video. I can't figure out how to get both backing track and guitar recording at the same time as the vid.

You can edit them later.
Last edited by creeping.death! at Mar 2, 2009,
You can add in the backing track audio digitally after you record, you just have to line it up right.
play guitar while listening on headphones, add the song over on a video editor. That's how I've seen it done.

edit: damn, beat to it.
MY BAND!!!

Quote by floppypick
Well, I'm all out of ideas, except for one. dress up as a squirrel of the opposite sex and try to seduce it. Over the years of mating you and the squirrel will form a species or human squirrel hybrids and be able to take over the world!
Quote by creeping.death!
You can edit it them later.

So you are saying studio magic basically? Put the audio in windows movie maker or something first and then record the video and your guitar over top of it. Then sync the sounds?
Quote by Slash42x
You can add in the backing track audio digitally after you record, you just have to line it up right.

I knew I was bat**** crazy