Page 1 of 3
I used the searchbar, but it came up with nothing... (i admit i couldve searched harder though)

but i was wondering -as the title says - which song/artist inspired you all to pick up your guitars

mine was 'since i've been loving you' by led zeppelin
When all hope is lost, crawl into a corner and die.
Last edited by led_zepaholic at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by Arterial
Muse's Absolution album. lol.
i listen to metal now.

Are you proud of devolving?
nothing inspired me to start. i simply wanted to play guitar because i thought it was cool. but gus g and paul gilbert inspired me to keep playing and not quit.
for whatever reason..for whom the bell tolls. then i was obsessed with metallica. then came dream theater

lets talk about john petrucci for a second.....
fade to black made me pick up the axe.....
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
Nothing and no one, I saw a Guitar at a swap meet and it looked so sexy I bought it with out a second thought and tryed to play I sucked but I just kept practicing.
Michael Angelo.. Not that guitar Noob ::P
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
Quote by InvaderTSN
Kiss and Queen for the most part.

If I get to listen to Opeth and Cynic, then yeah. I'm damn proud of devolving.

Not like that. Opeth, Cynic, Nile, and Dream Theater are incredibly talented bands. Most of the people that say "I listen to metal" usually like Metallica, Pantera, and Cannibal Corpse. (At least i've noticed on this forum). While they have individually talented musicians, I don't consider the "band" as good.
AC/DC, especially Back in Black
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Parents took me to a ZZ Top concert when I was 7 or 8. Watching Billy Gibbons up there in all his glory along with the fact that my dad plays guitar for a living eventually made me learn it.
Quote by creeping.death!
Nirvana Unplugged in NY. The whole album.

Me too actually.

Then I got into Zeppelin and wanted to play electric, then Beatles made me refine my playing more. Pink Floyd made me experiment more. Neil Young made me want to be totally kick ass.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Quote by JacobTheMe
Are you proud of devolving?

Shut up. There's no such thing as "devolving" when it comes to music tastes.

Quote by DoTheEvolution
Me too actually.

Last edited by creeping.death! at Mar 2, 2009,
Back in the 70s I got Deep Purple, Machine Head and Thin Lizzy JailBreak and knew I wanted to do that.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Not like that. Opeth, Cynic, Nile, and Dream Theater are incredibly talented bands. Most of the people that say "I listen to metal" usually like Metallica, Pantera, and Cannibal Corpse. (At least i've noticed on this forum). While they have individually talented musicians, I don't consider the "band" as good.

I see. I thought you were just saying it's all just shit. My mistake.
I sometimes just feel the need to learn a song, or tune. It started with Drive, by Incubus. I got my friend to teach me the chords, i was terrible at actually playing it of course. The first song i really put lots of effort into playing it well was Everlong by the foo's.
Waylon Jennings, Neil Young, Darius Rucker, and Clapton. I have been playing near four year now and these guy have inspire me to keep on playing and write.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
i hate to say it but i started to play when i was really into blink-182 but now its all metallica and avenged and **** like that
XBOX Live GT: a b0wl 0f nails
The Beatles. I can't stand hearing them now, they were the only band I listened to until I was 11.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
when i was younger my mom played a lot of Clapton, BB King and SRV, i really got into the music, i initially wanted be a drummer and my brother wanted to play guitar but as time went on i got into a lot of my own tastes, Metallica, Black Sabbath and some of the more current stuff like Matchbox Twenty and Barenaked Ladies, me and my bro basically switched rolls in music and he became the drummer and i fell in love with guitar
Muse. The Origin of Symmetry album.

Years later, I'd still have Matt's babies. He is a genius.
Last edited by Kyle.E at Mar 2, 2009,
Metallica, Maiden, Floyd.. One of the first riffs I learned back when all I had was my brothers bass was the intro to Iron Maiden's Phantom of the Opera. When I got my first guitar it was either Enter Sandman or Goodbye Blue Sky
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Orion by Metallica, and then the rest of the Master Of Puppets Album
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Orion by Metallica, and then the rest of the Master Of Puppets Album

To answer your question in the sig, he's mostly mechanical, bio-mechanical most likely, so he's going to have a different way to excrete.
Was noodling around on mine until I heard

Inferno (unleash the fire) by Symphony X. The first time I ever heard music like that and it blew me away. I started practicing properly then, I have got no where still...
it was (as generic as this response is) the ramones. they made me belive"hell if they can i can too".
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Page 1 of 3