I am using two active EMGs in my guitar. I wired everything myself, and the guitar sounds fine, but whenever I face a certain direction, a buzzing/hum sound comes through the amplifier. I tried a few things to fix this. I added a wire form the trem plate to the tone pot, and made sure the battery ground was attached to the input on the guitar. So far, I haven't been able to fix it. I should mention I am using the 18 volt mod in the guitar to power the pickups. Should I use a specific capacitor on the tone pot? I tested my friends guitar and it does not buzz at all when not playing, so I am pretty sure it is my guitar. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst 500t/490r
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Rect-O-Verb Series 2 Head
Carvin vt412 4x12 cabinet
If I want the buzz to go away, I have to drop the gain to a level at which the amp sounds clean, not distorted. There should not be a very audible hum just because I want to use some distortion.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst 500t/490r
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Rect-O-Verb Series 2 Head
Carvin vt412 4x12 cabinet
When i used a 6505+ through a JSX cab, i noticed a rather loud hum which was consistent no matter what guitar i played through it. Granted, the road warn series tele i played made it buzz really loud (duh), but every other guitar i tried still had that buzz, even the JEM, Hellraiser, RG2550, and others that i don't remember.
Guitarnuts.com
see 'quietening the beast'
That might help.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.