Just wondering about where you should rest your thumb while playing. I rest mine of the E string but I see people placing it on the pickups. Does it matter where you rest your thumb? Or is it just what feels comfortable...

Thanks
Quote by Will#
Just wondering about where you should rest your thumb while playing. I rest mine of the E string but I see people placing it on the pickups. Does it matter where you rest your thumb? Or is it just what feels comfortable...

Thanks

Yup. Also, different places would give you different tones.
I rest it on my B string if I'm not going to be using it, somewhere between my bridge and neck pickup usually and on the neck pickup when I will be using it
thanks, I think I might use the pickups as a rest for thumb a bit more just to get a better feel.
One rather important thing to note is that when you play different strings, you might want to keep a certain level of float in your right hand (switching thumb rest or just float above the strings) to get even attack on all notes. Otherwise the higher strings might have less attack than the thicker, which will sound sloppy.
Just thought I might add.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!