Page 1 of 2
ok, i love these guys a helluvalot. i was talkin to my punk friend tyler(homosexual), and he told me how much he despises them for their anti-gay beliefs. honestly that doesnt effect my love for thier music, but i was just wondering which song is anti-gay. i know they have made many an anti-gay statement but i wanna know what song it is.

ps. if its completely obvious what song it is dont rub it in, there are some songs i just dont like and it might be one of em.

pps. what is everyones opinion on these guys
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
The song is New York's Alright If You Like Saxophones. There's a line in the song "New York's alright if you're a homosexual!"

Tell your friend Tyler he is a dumb fag who can't take a joke.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I think there are hardcore bands whose homophobia is more obvious (I´m not just talking about the Bad Brains)......

and in New York´s alright there´s a saxophone,
- so they say "New York´s alright if you like saxophones" and include a sax.
- they say "New York´s alright if you´re a homosexual"............
Quote by lavazza
I think there are hardcore bands whose homophobia is more obvious (I´m not just talking about the Bad Brains)......

and in New York´s alright there´s a saxophone,
- so they say "New York´s alright if you like saxophones" and include a sax.
- they say "New York´s alright if you´re a homosexual"............

Yea, I havent really listened to much Fear but I've heard that song and didn't think it was homophobic.
FEAR used to call their audiences "queers" in order to rile up skinheads. That was just their thing, they've said in interviews that they were not homophobic/anti-gay at all.

In fact, I was told from one source that Lee Ving was gay. No idea if that was true or not.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
wow, its just that line...thats nothing...i thought it would be waaay more noticable. i dont really see why that would bug many people.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
wow, its just that line...thats nothing...i thought it would be waaay more noticable. i dont really see why that would bug many people.
Some queers are rather touchy. You should ask your friend if he knows what the queers are doing to the soil.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by RizzoWashburn
FEAR used to call their audiences "queers" in order to rile up skinheads. That was just their thing, they've said in interviews that they were not homophobic/anti-gay at all.

In fact, I was told from one source that Lee Ving was gay. No idea if that was true or not.

Some hardcore fan is continously trying to convince me that HR is gay
Quote by lavazza
Some hardcore fan is continously trying to convince me that HR is gay

ive heard that many times
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I am wearing a FEAR pin on my pants. We just listened to them at the party and show we threw a couple days ago. Good stuff.
only bad thing, all their songs sound the same...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I heard the Lee Ving gay rumor also, and it's just not true. Talking to people who have met and hung out with the guy, he's apparently anything BUT gay.
Quote by mike2

They basically ran out of material when they reformed and wrote the same songs again...

I mean, compare "Beef Baloney" to "Meat and Potatoes" and then compare "More Beer" to "Free Beer"
Last edited by RockThe40oz at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by mike2

alot of it sounds the same, but there are some different ones, like f*ck you lets rodeo
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I think I'd quite like to have a beer with FEAR

nice. i was wating for some one to work that in somewhere.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I know nothing about them as people or their beliefs, I just know they've always been one of those bands that I can't stand to hear. Their music just bugs me. I can't appreciate it at all. I've never understood why the lasted the tests of time, so to say.
DOWN&OUT
They're decent. I never got into their music very heavily. There's other bands who do their style of music better than they do, in my opinion.

I remember their performance in Suburbia: 1984 where they used the word "fag" about 100 times in 2 minutes. I thought it was strange because it's not something you typically hear at shows nowadays.

Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
I remember their performance in Suburbia: 1984 where they used the word "fag" about 100 times in 2 minutes. I thought it was strange because it's not something you typically hear at shows nowadays.

were they in that movie?
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Quote by mike2
were they in that movie?
He meant to say The Decline Of Western Civilization. D.I., The Vandals, and TSOL were in Suburbia.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords

I think I'd quite like to agree

I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by axeslash
He meant to say The Decline Of Western Civilization. D.I., The Vandals, and TSOL were in Suburbia.

Yeah, I was about to say, I know flea was in that movie, but i didn't remember Fear...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by mike2
Yeah, I was about to say, I know flea was in that movie, but i didn't remember Fear...
'Twas a wild movie, and seeing Flea as a strapping young punk was pretty hilarious.
Quote by axeslash
'Twas a wild movie, and seeing Flea as a strapping young punk was pretty hilarious.

I just remember him carrying around a rat everywhere he went...

and I remember some bitch getting raped in the DI's pit...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Hey... Hey guys, heheh, you know why the girls... have their holes so close together?
What can be broken must be broken
Quote by axeslash
Some queers are rather touchy. You should ask your friend if he knows what the queers are doing to the soil.

you know what axeslash, I like you.
The Record is great except for a couple tracks that are just plain bad like "Disconnected"

Fuck Christmas is 0:45 of smexy.
**** Christmas is such a good song.

Yeah, i've never listened to this band. Judging by this thread, they don't sound all that awesome, so I'll pass unless told differently.
Last edited by original=punk at May 7, 2009,
Posting Mitch Clem comics has gotten really old by now. Especially seeing as they've all been posted several times.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by original=punk

Yeah, i've never listened to this band. Judging by this thread, they don't sound all that awesome, so I'll pass unless told differently.

New York´s alright if you like saxophones is maybe not great, but unique, especially for hardcore
Quote by lavazza
New York´s alright if you like saxophones is maybe not great, but unique, especially for hardcore

Hmm, interesting, doesn't make me wanna listen to any more, but I listened to the whole thing.
I'm almost positive someone has posted that comic on this forum.

Also, posting Mitch Clem comics is no longer funny.
Quote by axeslash
I'm almost positive someone has posted that comic on this forum.

Also, posting Mitch Clem comics is no longer funny.

I am 100% positive that someone has, 'cuz I wouldn't see Mitch Clem comics anywhere else.

And Fear is OK, but I lose interest after a few songs.
I revived this thread because FEAR kicks ass. Some of my favorites are Surgery, Welcome to the dust ward, I love livin in the city, What if gods not one of us, Null Detector, More beer. Actually i just really ****in' like FEAR.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by mike2

Yeah right. You must have only listened to 2 songs then.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
You could have a beer with the rest of the band but Lee doesn't drink.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Page 1 of 2