Hi, guys.
I've recently (December-ish) bought a Buger 333XL Combo amp. It appealed to me because of it's tubes, and it's nice price! But alas, something just HAS to go wrong with it, doesn't it!? Arghhh.

Bug no.1: Feedback
Okay, so. I first get the amp home after trying in the shop and loving the tones (specially the mids!) Anyways, I turn on standby, give it 2 minutes or so, and I turn it on properly and I get a massive wave of EAR CRUNCHING FEEDBACCCKK. It scared the absolute **** out of me. This sin't desirable feedback either, this is get too close to the amp. The settings were all on 1 - 2 on the master and same with the channels. Any ideas whats going on? To combat this, I leave it for 5 minutes to warm up... And it works okay, but still, this should NOT be happening.

Bug no.2: Weird.. crunchy?
Okay, so, 2 weeks ago I turn on my amp, wait the designated 5 minutes, turn it on. After about 10 minutes of playing, I get this sort of humming/crackling/crunchy noise in the background. It's not overpowering but it's distracting. Again, not right.

Bug no.3: Strange buzzing.
The final bug! (Finally, I know) Today, about 1 hour ago, I was practicing and I got horrible buzzing. I had the noisegate on 10 and it still buzzed like crazy. This has never happened before...

I'm sincerely regretting this purchase. If these are easily fixable and are due to human error, by me, please tell me... Any advice would be great.

Thanks for reading this guys.
Last edited by N_J_B_B at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by N_J_B_B
Hi, guys.
I've recently (December-ish) bought a Buger 333XL Combo amp. It appealed to me because of it's tubes, and it's nice price! But alas, something just HAS to go wrong with it, doesn't it!? Arghhh.

Bug no.1: Feedback
Okay, so. I first get the amp home after trying in the shop and loving the tones (specially the mids!) Anyways, I turn on standby, give it 2 minutes or so, and I turn it on properly and I get a massive wave of EAR CRUNCHING FEEDBACCCKK. It scared the absolute **** out of me. This sin't desirable feedback either, this is get too close to the amp. The settings were all on 1 - 2 on the master and same with the channels. Any ideas whats going on? To combat this, I leave it for 5 minutes to warm up... And it works okay, but still, this should NOT be happening.

Bug no.2: Weird.. crunchy?
Okay, so, 2 weeks ago I turn on my amp, wait the designated 5 minutes, turn it on. After about 10 minutes of playing, I get this sort of humming/crackling/crunchy noise in the background. It's not overpowering but it's distracting. Again, not right.

Bug no.3: Strange buzzing.
The final bug! (Finally, I know) Today, about 1 hour ago, I was practicing and I got horrible buzzing. I had the noisegate on 10 and it still buzzed like crazy. This has never happened before...

I'm sincerely regretting this purchase. If these are easily fixable and are due to human error, by me, please tell me... Any advice would be great.

Thanks for reading this guys.

Ok a few hints:

1stly: Get a really good noisegate ie. MXR Smart Gate/ISP Decimator
2ndly: If you have a crappy cable get a new one
3rdly: if 1+2 fail get it repaired. So many bugeras need to be fixed under warranty. I mean it IS owned by behringer.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
some of it sounds like it might be a bad cable, or a wiring prob in the guitar. like someone else said, get you a decent noise gate like the MXR Smart Gate or the ISP decimator. the boss one is ehhhh ok, but the others are a bit better. but if it still gives you problems take the amp back.

andy check out Beerchurchs blog as someone mentioned. he owns the 333XL
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
I feel like saying "problem is you bought a bugera" but I won't because that doesn't really help anybody.

You can try what everyone says in this post, but just know that its worth it sometimes just to take it back. don't try anything TOO crazy. Beerchurches blog should be as much as you touch the insides and no more.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
I feel like saying "problem is you bought a bugera" but I won't because that doesn't really help anybody

+1
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ