I played a used Jackson today where the previous owner replaced the JB with a dimarzio of some sort.

I loved the sound of it but I'm not sure which dimarzio model it is. I looked all over the web but still am not sure. It was white with black pole pieces, the pole pieces were the allen wrench shape not the flathead screw shape.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Hmmm...hard saying since DiMarzio makes/has made so many models over the years.If it was all allen head poles then it could be any number of models like a super distortion or its siblings,a Steve's Special,a dual sound,a D-activator model,or who knows what else.Your best bet would be to get your hands on the guitar again and take the pup out of the body cavity and look to see if there's a model name or any specific info on its make printed somewhere on it.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

A lot of DiMarzio's come in plenty of colors.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
it sounds like a super distortion or similar pickup, cause of the allen wrench pole pieces. What's the impedance on the pickup?
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Hmmm...hard saying since DiMarzio makes/has made so many models over the years.If it was all allen head poles then it could be any number of models like a super distortion or its siblings,a Steve's Special,a dual sound,a D-activator model,or who knows what else.Your best bet would be to get your hands on the guitar again and take the pup out of the body cavity and look to see if there's a model name or any specific info on its make printed somewhere on it.

I am gonna buy the guitar anyway. It's a Jackson DK2s but the sustainer system wasn't working so GC is gonna send it in and have that repaired, so it will be a couple weeks before I get it.

I think it might be a D-Activator or a Super Distortion, it was pretty hot. Either way it sounded great. I'll pop it out after I purchase it and see what it is exactly. Thanks for the help.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
I am gonna buy the guitar anyway. It's a Jackson DK2s but the sustainer system wasn't working so GC is gonna send it in and have that repaired, so it will be a couple weeks before I get it.

I think it might be a D-Activator or a Super Distortion, it was pretty hot. Either way it sounded great. I'll pop it out after I purchase it and see what it is exactly. Thanks for the help.

Could be anything, the colour means nothing as all Dimarzios come in all colours and the any of the medium-hight output Dimarzios will sound hot becaue of the wide frequency response.

All you can really discount are the ones that have different polepieces like the Tone Zone or Norton.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ Word.

DiMarzio's can be ordered in any color with silver, black or gold poles so it really can be just about any DiMarzio pup save for those with flat or screw headed poles.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by jm1681
^ Word.

DiMarzio's can be ordered in any color with silver, black or gold poles so it really can be just about any DiMarzio pup save for those with flat or screw headed poles.

Ok, I knew that most came in white, I didn't know you could get any pole piece colors you wanted though. thanks for the help.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra