Now that i have your attention i need some help. Yes this is another one of those what the f*ck should i get with my money threads. I've got $1000aud to blow on a GUITAR. Ive got a decent amp for the moment, so dont list amps. Or effects. Im thinking an ibanez S320 or some sorta Schecter, Ltd M-200 or a Jackson Dk2. I am gonna go play them, I just want your thoughts and whatever random sh*t you guys can think up.
depending on where you are and how far youre willing to go to get a guitar...
i have a friend whos selling an ESP MH400 [or something like that] for 1 grand
said he bought it for 2.
EMGs + FR trem, blue.
I mainly play Rock, but im getting into everything atm. Ive got a les paul atm so i want somthing thats a bit more "leady" if that makes sense? Somthing with a fast action. I can get a PRS SE series, theyre cool but dont really want one.
first off delete your 2nd post then I would say an ibenez(dont flame me) because it's more of a shred guitar if that what you mean by " leady"
Quote by -tempest-
first off delete your 2nd post then I would say an ibenez(dont flame me) because it's more of a shred guitar if that what you mean by " leady"

i know what youre getting at. Ibanez's are frowned upon as being the faggot guitar, the one where all they know is soloing and shredding. but the point is they are really nice guitars.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
You cant really expect someone to tell you what YOU should buy.

Brands you like?
Pickup config?
FR or not?
Number of frets?

Information like this is EXTREMELY helpful when you want advice.

And. "hm...thx for answering my questions... NOT" Doesnt help you getting advice that you want. These people are helping you, they dont get anything out of it.

/rage
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
If I understand you right...SG?
I'm assuming that a fast neck and upper fret acces are important?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by M!TCH
Now that i have your attention i need some help. Yes this is another one of those what the f*ck should i get with my money threads. I've got $1000aud to blow on a GUITAR. Ive got a decent amp for the moment, so dont list amps. Or effects. Im thinking an ibanez S320 or some sorta Schecter, Ltd M-200 or a Jackson Dk2. I am gonna go play them, I just want your thoughts and whatever random sh*t you guys can think up.

ok firstly dude don't be an asshole, boobies is not the way to get attention.

2ndly I'd reccomend Jackson DK2/DK2m
Great guitars at great prices
rly well balanced and are metal beasts
otherwisee rhandy rhoads sig
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Did someone say TITTIES? I better call my cousin

OT : Ibanez ART series, if you like Ibanez necks, just swap out the pickups with Duncans / actives and you have a great cheap guitar.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Try to find a used Jackson SL3/SLS3 they're versatile but can still do metal really well. If not I'd propably go for a Schecter ATX/FR, or the Schecter C-1 Classic. You could also look into the LTD 1000 series, I recommend the EC-1000 with Duncan pickups or the MH-1000 hardtail.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by ozy!d!ot
i know what youre getting at. Ibanez's are frowned upon as being the faggot guitar, the one where all they know is soloing and shredding. but the point is they are really nice guitars.

Pfffffffffft.......untrue

UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by burnboy85
Get a used Gibson Flying V

You know that just because you have one doesn't mean it's the best choice for everything, I've seen you reccomend it in every recent which guitar thread.
To TS do you want a floyd or no I'll base reccomendations off of that. Also I need to know is it a tube amp you got.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Last edited by alternitivebass at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by M!TCH
hm...thx for answering my questions...NOT

You fail.

First of all, I dont know where you are but it was 5:30am here whenever you posted this.

If you think that your need for a new guitar exceeds my need for sleep, then youre dead wrong.

And if you want to be an asshole about everything, then just go to guitar center and ask someone there. At least they get paid for helping you.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Quote by lokster
Did someone say TITTIES? I better call my cousin

OT : Ibanez ART series, if you like Ibanez necks, just swap out the pickups with Duncans / actives and you have a great cheap guitar.

Lol at GTA Joke
Quote by hendrixftw
ok firstly dude don't be an asshole, boobies is not the way to get attention.

agreed......in the pit yes

not here man....not here.

Quote by hendrixftw
2ndly I'd reccomend Jackson DK2/DK2m
Great guitars at great prices
rly well balanced and are metal beasts
otherwisee rhandy rhoads sig

I couldn't agree more. Jacksons are great guitars and are excellent for shred and lead guitar.

R.I.P.
Randy Rhoads
Banquo?

X