Don't get it. looks like a cheap ****ty gimmick bass to me. Get a Squier Vintage Modified or Classic Vibe instead.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Why do you want the bass is the question I would ask. The bronco is a really (and I mean really) cheap version of the Mustang. If you are set on the tone, there are probably better short scale options out there.
oh its not the tone...its the cheapness and the shortscale.
a gimmick i suppose
but i think itd be fun to play a shortscale bass. ive never done it!
im kind of excited.
plus then ill have a backup, even though its terrible, ill still have a backup
thats just a bonus though, haha
It's about as low-end as you can find and play in a guitar store.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
If you want a gimmick shortscale, get a Dano 63 bass. Much much cooler.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by treethestudly
oh its not the tone...its the cheapness and the shortscale.
a gimmick i suppose
but i think itd be fun to play a shortscale bass. ive never done it!
im kind of excited.
plus then ill have a backup, even though its terrible, ill still have a backup
thats just a bonus though, haha

if you really want a dirt cheap short scale, then get th Gretsch g2202. It's single pickup is actually position just right and has syrupy sweet tone. I've played it in shop quite a few times and love it.
Quote by Spaz91
One word - Stagg.

My upright's doing alright.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Don't do it! It was my first ever bass and it was a decent piece of crap. Please upgrade to a different bass, you will most likely regret buying a bronco.
Please, for everyone's sanity, please get a real Mustang! If boutique basses represent all that is holy and good, then the Bronco is the dilapidated minion from hell bent on dooming us mortals to an eternity of ****ty single coils and cheap wood.
Quote by Tostitos
Please, for everyone's sanity, please get a real Mustang! If boutique basses represent all that is holy and good, then the Bronco is the dilapidated minion from hell bent on dooming us mortals to an eternity of ****ty single coils and cheap wood.

pretty passionate.

i suggest you listen.
I play bass!
Quote by backupbass1
pretty passionate.

i suggest you listen.

haha, passion makes music. Its not that I necessarily haaate the Bronco, its just that I'm pretty sure taping rubber bands to a log would make a more musically suited instrument

EDIT: on second thought, somebody please do that ^ it would be epic
Quote by Sid McCall
If you want a gimmick shortscale, get a Dano 63 bass. Much much cooler.

And much better sound. Much much better sound. And since Dano has stopped production on the reissue, dirt cheap at your local GC or online outlet.
Quote by thefitz
My upright's doing alright.

I think we've dicussed this before, I have no experience of the uprights but I have never encountered a stagg electric bass that wan't sh*te.
Fair enough. I never, ever talk out of my ass and can only talk about my experiences - the upright's solid and all maple, and other Stagg basses looked and felt solid in the store, but that's pretty much as far as I know.

If the verdict is brand-new $200 basses suck, then don't blame Stagg. There's a reason they're $200 new.

Although I DID meet a Stagg endorsee who was going on an on about how great Stagg basses sound and how Chinese basses are the wave of the future. I... disagreed. Long story short, after we discussed his love for passive Chinese basses and my love for top of the line active Western basses, he did the ol' TalkBass - asked my age and then said "you'll learn". He was 40, tops.

However, all was not lost - the store tech and I pretty much talked him out of (or at least got him to heavily consider) accepting the Behringer endorsement he was offered. He wanted to do his studio in Behringer gear, so maybe it'd be worth taking. He has a Peavey endorsement too... man, this guy is such a TBer. I bet if I talked with him longer he'd pull out the "law of diminished returns".
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I don't know man, I hate squiers. They are pretty cheap and I find the quality is usally poor. In my opinion they are the worst second-line guitars I've come across. Save your money and buy a nice one!

Not completely true. the vintage modified and classic vibe series are great quality instruments for their price.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2