Was looking for a Fender as a 2nd bass, I've always prefered the feel of a Jazz over a Precision and this seemed perfect. Extra body contoring, passive/active switch, good reviews and a sweet finish, everthing I was looking for. It's still on Fender's UK site, but every online store I've looked at says it's been discontinued and it's not in any of my local shops.

Anyone got any info or good alternatives? Price range is £300-600
theres a jazz 24 V in black in my local store and to be honest i hated it, the electronics were noisy and the neck felt like i was fretting a fence post. i'm assuming it was a really bad example because it's not like fender to put out **** like that
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
if the only 24 fret Fender (besides the Urge II) is discontinued, then there will be no hope of me ever getting a Fender. (sigh...oh, well. Wasn't like I was getting one, anyways)

But to respond to your query, I would try calling the company. Maybe they can even get you in line with a custom one. Or... Buy a 24 fret neck to fit a fender body and make it your own.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Those basses are extremely easy to find used, well in my area at least. Plus they are marked down to really good prices, but a new amp comes first for me.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
From what I understand they discontinued the quilt maple topped version and are only making the black version.

And I never really saw the benefit of any notes past the 21st fret, but that's just me.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
From what I understand they discontinued the quilt maple topped version and are only making the black version.

And I never really saw the benefit of any notes past the 21st fret, but that's just me.

I dont think its so much that you need to use the highest frets, but when you have a 24 fret neck the highest frets that you would use on a 21 fret neck are in a more comfortable position.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Interesting - many, if not most 24-fret necks don't have good access beyond the 21st fret anyway - like Spectors, etc.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by skater dan0
theres a jazz 24 V in black in my local store and to be honest i hated it, the electronics were noisy and the neck felt like i was fretting a fence post. i'm assuming it was a really bad example because it's not like fender to put out **** like that

You mean the one in Cranes? I thought it was pretty good. It was really punchy, but the the neck was quite thick, and i have huge hands.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by thefitz
Interesting - many, if not most 24-fret necks don't have good access beyond the 21st fret anyway - like Spectors, etc.

Yeah thats how i figure it, I guess its kinda essential if you do a lot of chordal work too
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by thefitz

*high-5* I rarely go past the 12th.

On topic, try looking at a different company?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
^^
D#sus2/B?

Yeaaa, i got my quilted maple, cherry sunburst jazz 24, its so sexy, i think you can still get the baccy' burst ones from soundslive. Hopefully one day ill have some nordstrands and an aguilar preamp in there.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fleajr_1412
You mean the one in Cranes? I thought it was pretty good. It was really punchy, but the the neck was quite thick, and i have huge hands.

really? it felt quite poorly made to me, i admit it was punchy as hell though but i wouldn't buy it over different jazz
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
My ones nice, the pickups arent silent, but th preamp works excelllently.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It's a chord that runs B D# A# F

Oh, thanks.

Quote by thefitz

Believe it or not, I actually use the 24th fret in one of my band's songs. Its all about the minor third man!
I play chords quite a bit in jazz and sometimes comp under the guitarist playing the head. I use the 21 - 24th frets quite a bit. It all comes down to the music you play.