Hi guys, i suffer from an anxiety disorder and have had counselling previously, but tonight I've decided that i need to go back to counselling, and may need to go on medication, which is something i've done my best to avoid thus far.

i just had to get that off my chest, thanks for listening.
Good story. Will read again.

What kind of anxiety disorder?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
They're watching you
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis

not everyone who suffers these kind of problems goes and makes a thread about it

if you want attention and sympathy, thats what mothers are for

you have a mother right?
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Last edited by PETERFKNPARKER at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by faultyy
They're watching you

nice one, but its not that kind of anxiety disorder. have a cookie for trying though.
Anxiety Disorders - Symptoms may include logging onto forums and creating threads explaining there mental health status to complete strangers!! If you feel that could be you, please seek counseling IMMEDIATELY
PuTTing it StRAIGHt In YOUr MoUTH
I have Social Anxiety It's a bitch.

Like right now I can't even get my work done because i'm so dissapointed by what's happened after the day is done.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Laces Out Danny
I have Social Anxiety It's a bitch.

Like right now I can't even get my work done because i'm so dissapointed by what's happened after the day is done.

same here, i have asberges syndrome so i am in a state of constant anxiety apart from when im at home
Quote by metaladdict123
same here, i have asberges syndrome so i am in a state of constant anxiety apart from when im at home
Yeah, the only time I'm relaxed is at home.. so much that I actually don't leave my house... at all..
I'm practically a zombie outside of my home.....everybody thinks i'm stupid...hence they don't talk to me. Maybe i'm just fooling myself, and I probably am.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
there's actually this group on UG called "The Asylum", which I think should be perfect for us It's on my profile listed as one of the groups I joined.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
I definitely have some sort of anxiety disorder, it started when I was like 12. I figured it was normal, that I was just shy,quiet and reserved or whatever. Deep inside I knew I wasn't, because just before that I was this loud really talkative kid.
It wasn't until I got diagnosed for bi-polar disorder that I got my meds and it helped the anxiety and my mood disorder. Though being like this for 5-6 years surely left it's mark on me, i'm getting along alot better.

Ok I'm talking about myself too much, I don't know about counselling because I never had it and I kind of doubt it would've helped me in my case. But if you're definitely going on meds my advice is ask what your options are and research as much as you can on those. Mainly the going off your meds part, you do not want to be taking medication for the rest of your life. I've read lots of horrible stories about every single prescription drug. I don't want to scare you but that seems to be the case. Though you can't apply one horrible withdrawal story to everyone, some have it easy.
I didn't research before i got on mine, I don't know how hard it is going to be for me to get off of it, but there are multiple instances of me forgetting to take it and I pretty much feel like **** and think all kinds of crazy ****.

gl
Quote by amyisforcynics
Agoraphobics, unite!

*Everybody rushes in to high-five*

AAaaaah, too many people!!!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You might be put on an SSRI which is way overprescribed and doctors thing it is a cure all. Just get a bag of H man.
Quote by Kensai
*Everybody rushes in to high-five*

AAaaaah, too many people!!!

haha
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by cooper512
You might be put on an SSRI which is way overprescribed and doctors thing it is a cure all. Just get a bag of H man.

SSRI's bring out the worst in me.
I've been much better off since I stopped taking them.

We're all in the gutter, but I'm looking at the rats.
Quote by Jackolas
So many twats in this thread, remind me not to post so much.

Wait...

I am a twat. I like the term. Reminds me of some good old Englishowl
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Jackolas
You are one of the few who ISN'T. This place has changed so much, everyones so uptight now...

It's all like "who can have the moral high-ground".

shutup, I like being a nice twatty ol' Englishowl

now, if you'll excuse me, I plan to gain some moral high ground in the Religion Thread

Ta Ta!
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Jackolas
You are one of the few who ISN'T. This place has changed so much, everyones so uptight now...

It's all like "who can have the moral high-ground".

It's like one big episode of Eastenders.

"Well Masood you must have taken the money!!"

/Moral High Ground.. Which then switches back to Pat's earrings.

Back on topic proper, be cautious of taking pills. They often cause more problems than they solve.. Find someone you can talk to (hopefully a 3rd party, someone with no vested interests) and find your "limits" socially. If you know you are someone different, a vibrant character, then you have to show other people you can be like that.
Quote by Roman Noodler
Have you turned to the bible? It has helped many people.

Ok man, I hoped you realised from your other thread that trying to force your beliefs upon others isn't very much appreciated in here. So kindly try and help in any way you can, except bringing your religion into it.