Don't go with a pack. The thing is overall low quality. You should get some RG that you can play before it comes out of a box, and some amp that you like and feel comfortable with.
The first one, since a beginner shouldn't have to endure a ****ty tremolo system.

Don't go with a pack. The thing is overall low quality. You should get some RG that you can play before it comes out of a box, and some amp that you like and feel comfortable with.

People started off with a lot worse
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Last edited by lokster at Mar 2, 2009,
They're all pretty basic really, I'd go with the IJX121 because of the fixed bridge, the others have a cheap trem that is a nightmare to keep in tune. As for sonic versatility maybe the IJX40 wins thanks to the two neck singlecoils, still those are beginner guitars and the pickups are the worst part in any of those. If you're into metal go for the 121, if you don't mind the tuning problems and want a trem the 40 is your choice, just avoid the 20
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
Quote by SylKain
They're all pretty basic really, I'd go with the IJX121 because of the fixed bridge, the others have a cheap trem that is a nightmare to keep in tune. As for sonic versatility maybe the IJX40 wins thanks to the two neck singlecoils, still those are beginner guitars and the pickups are the worst part in any of those. If you're into metal go for the 121, if you don't mind the tuning problems and want a trem the 40 is your choice, just avoid the 20

+1
+1 on the RG2EX1
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
that's expensive for me it has to be under 250$ guys HELP please i am getting a guitar in this week!!
RG321 and some cute little British-voiced tube amp (5 watts) would be a wicked starter rig.

Quote by stellaras
that's expensive for me it has to be under 250$ guys HELP please i am getting a guitar in this week!!

Go for that first one you posted then. You don't need a tremolo on your first guitar.

If you can though; hold off a little bit, save some money, and buy some better gear.

You have no idea how quickly you'll begin to feel really limited by cheap equipment.
Last edited by ch0 at Mar 2, 2009,
if youre just starting off that fine then when you know you really wanna do this then you can upgrade..
either way its bad - i dont know animals
Go find a pawn shop and haggle to get a guitar and amp for $250?
If you're on a budget I'd choose the IJX40 pack you mentioned, but the amps on all of the Ibanez starter packs are horrible, my friend has got the IJX40 pack and the guitar itself if alright, nothing more nothing less, but the amp sucks. If you can squeeze your budget and if YOU want an Ibanez, I'd go for a RG2EX1 plus a microcube.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
These guitars are in the 250 $ range, I haven't tried all of them, but I know of the brands at least.

Schecter Sunset Deluxe:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Sunset-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=520106

Epiphone G-310:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G310-SG-Electric-Guitar?sku=518280

Squier:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510422

Axl guitar:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Axl-Mayhem-Wavepoint-Electric-Guitar-?sku=512148

If you could squeeze the budget to 299 $ you could also get an Epi Lp 100, Ibanez ART 100, Schecter Omen 6, Jackson JS series, Ibanez RG321.
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by stellaras

Go with the starter pack if you absolutely can't squeeze your budget, but you should expect the fact that you will propably hate the amp after a while.
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by stellaras
any other brand of guitar in my budget??

LTD, you could also look if Hagstrom have got any guitars in your budget.
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
My Rig
Mesa Triple Rectifier Half Stack
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/Bigsby
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Last edited by Travis39 at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by stellaras
Please Hurry !!!!!!

We've given you tons of advices now and trying to find you a playable guitar for your budget, why don't you choose one of them? You can't expect to get a high-end handmade guitar for the budget you're on, we can't choose a guitar for you, we don't know what you like about particular guitars, that's up to you.

Go to a store and try to find atleast some of the guitar we've recommended, sit down and try some of these guitars out, you'll propably find a comfortable guitar that you like, and then you can think about buying it. Also try ALL guitars you can find in your price range.

You've made quite a bit of threads about what guitar you're thinking about getting, it's time to start playing some guitars now.

Good luck.
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
first of all stop bumping your thread.

this is not a chat room.

- buy a micro cube amp $125
- with the other $125 get any fixed bridge, humbucker guitar.

buy a cable, some picks and a korg tuner.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by lokster
+1 on the RG2EX1

+2 on the RG2EX1. I own and love it.
If everything could ever feel this real forever,
If anything could ever be this good again,
The only thing I'll ever ask of you,
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when.
if you had to pick from one of the first three, get the 121

"It also includes an instructional DVD with Paul Gilbert, instruction book, and chord chart."

right there that should be enough to get you going if you are going to be a dedicated guitar player and actually want to learn.

I've read the reviews and besides the amp (which you're going to replace one day anyways) it seems very solid, go to a guitar store and demand to play this and see what you think

plus how can you avoid it? it has METAL right there in the title haha
Banquo?

X
Last edited by whitetiger4000 at Mar 2, 2009,
plus how can you avoid it? it has METAL right there in the title haha

nice joke hahahaha