11 14%
Washburn WM 526
5 6%
Kramer Pacer Deluxe
9 12%
leaving this spot open for if i fogot an obvious superstrat
14 18%
Voters: 77.
Ok, just for the fun: What guitar is according to you the king of all superstrats (due to lack of poll options, i left out small custom luthiers like Tom Anderson, Suhr, Zion, Carvin, Mayones, RAN, Vigier, ... and only focussed on the big mass produced brands like ESP, Jackson, Ibanez, Schecter, Washburn, ... ; and some big legendary brands who had a killer reputation in the superstrat era (80's) like Kramer and Charvel.)
I made the poll multiple choice because i think its possible that you can hesitate between more guitars.

So, let the battle begin. Please also say why you chose for a guitar. Please give good reasons, not 'becuz it pwns all the others'...
No, I want to hear stories about loud decibels, sweat, gigs, troubles, rock and roll, and backstage guitar licking. These are good reasons to vote for one of these guitars. No lame noobzors brewtalz comments please.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Mar 2, 2009,
Jackson soloist SL3:

My mate has one and it always sounds awesome, even when the PA guy sucks
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
I'm gonna go with Ibanez.

they managed to coax vai away from the Charvel he loved so much and in the process came up with a new line of guitars suited specifically to shredder's needs i.e. the RG

they took things to the extreme. thinnest necks, wildest colours, floating trems that outperformed OFRs, huge cutaway, high output pickups etc.

eventually added the AANJ for even better upper fret access.

everything that you needed to be the fastest loudest player around.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Poll added
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Lemoninfluence

they managed to coax vai away from the Charvel he loved so much and in the process came up with a new line of guitars suited specifically to shredder's needs i.e. the RG

they took things to the extreme. thinnest necks, wildest colours, floating trems that outperformed OFRs, huge cutaway, high output pickups etc.

You have got a very good point there.
I'm still waiting to vote, but i think i'll vote Charvel. They dominated the superstrat era pretty well (along with Jackson) and they both kinda invented the superstrat. Why not Jackson? Well because the model 5/6 is quite the equivalent to the soloist, but its like the most modificationable guitar of the two, and it's a whole lot cheaper. And it plays almost just as good.

*EDIT*
who is the knobbend that voted for the 10th option? I really am tempted to change it into 'squier hello kitty strat' now.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Mar 2, 2009,
bump
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Tough call, if there were price ranges I'm sure the results would vary

<500 Kramer
<800 Jackson/Gary Kramer/Shecter
<1200 Ibanez Prestige
<2000 Carvin/Ibanez Custom/Jackson SLH/Washburn
<3000 Vigier/Boogie Street (washburn)/Suhr Moderne
<5000 ESP/DBZ/insert custom shop luthier
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Ibanez S and Jackson Soloist.

The S series is just amazing, and the soloist seems more of a "Standard" of superstrats.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Ibanez S Series is great

But i love my ESP LTD M-1000. Very good superstrat. Needs a pickup change though.....
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Did you get the M-1000 with the Duncan or the EMG?

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Erm... No carvins?
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by jigy-i-joe
Erm... No carvins?

I voted for Carvin, and by Carvin I mean the one on the bottom.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I voted for the ESP M-II, both Ibanez's and the bottom option in the hopes it would be changed to Carvin
Quote by Lemoninfluence

While I agree completely here, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you missed out the quintessential superstrat; the original Washburn N4.

It has everything that any superstrat has ever aspired to. The neck is amazing, the cutaway and neck joint are non-existent, there's a Floyd, a reversed headstock, an ostentatious decal, pickups that look as good as they sound (the original Lawrence L500) and kick the amp in the balls, and it looks cool. It's been used for some frankly silly lead guitar by its most notable user as well.

The Ibanez JEM follows closely but lacks some of the sheer vibe of the N4.

I would say Vigier but you have good reason for leaving that out.
I don't know if I saw Kramer on there (forgotten already) but if I didn't you're going to hell :\
Edit: I did and am stupid. The Kramer ties with the N4.
Last edited by Rock Pig at Mar 4, 2009,
The Washburn HM, as well as the Washburn N4
I like Washburn more than any of those guitars. That's the only reason I need.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Should change Kramer Pacer for Kramer Baretta
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
haven't tried all of those, unfortunately
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?