hey guys! I would like to have help with buying a new guitar. I do really appreciate it

however, im playing most rock/punk and somtimes metal, but not too much. Im also playing alot solos. Im making my own "solo melodie songs" , so I need good "tone" and a great floyd rose or a good normal stable. Not to ugly either Just come with all kind of suggestions!

(if this helps, i have been playing for like 5-6 years, so im not a beginner, iam just bad with choosing guitars :;P)

between 750$-800$ i can afford. If a guitar costs like 900$ i can POSSIBLE fix that.

Thank you!!

/Charlie
Last edited by ibanezguy89 at Mar 2, 2009,
you could look into a schecter hellraiser c1fr.. floyd rose mahogany body&neck, neck through, emg 81tw, 87... also look into Ltd mh401 im pretty sure thats the name.. its mahogany also i believe. neckthrough emg 81,85 floyd rose.. you can check guitarcenter.com for both guitars.. they sell ESP and Ltds now =DD you just gotta search it in the seach bar on the sight
Can you put an OFR on an SG? That would give you versatility with great tone.
So, usual questions. Budget? Amp?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

No, you can't. The SG is too thin.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by _Sanitarium_
budget: ?
Can you go used: ?
where are you located: ?

between 750$-800$ i can afford. If a guitar costs like 900$ i can POSSIBLE fix that.
Home and on stage.
Sweden.
Quote by Lurcher
Can you put an OFR on an SG? That would give you versatility with great tone.
So, usual questions. Budget? Amp?

Im playing with pod xt trough pa system
Ibanez S

or

Schecter (Blackjack, Hellraiser, etc.)
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by ibanezguy89
Im playing with pod xt trough pa system

Get a new amp Dude. You could get any guitar you want and it still wouldn't sound good through a PA system. For the amount of money you're talking about you could get an Orange Tiny Terror for $500 then still have $400 left for a used Ibanez S
UG's Prodigal Son
Last edited by lunaticfringe93 at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by lunaticfringe93
Get a new amp Dude. You could get any guitar you want and it still wouldn't sound good through a PA system. For the amount of money you're talking about you could get an Orange Tiny Terror for $500 then still have $400 left for a used Ibanez S

why doesnt it sound good in pa system? i think it does..
PA system =/= Amplifier. The PA system wasn't built specifically to amplify guitar sound the controls weren't made for guitar and an electric guitar was not made to be plugged into a PA system. I've played through PA systems and it destroys your tone regardless of the quality of your guitar.
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by lunaticfringe93
I've played through PA systems and it destroys your tone regardless of the quality of your guitar.

He said that he uses a Pod XT through a PA, while not ideal it's not as bad as plugging a guitar directly into a PA. The PA is just acting like a power amp, with the Pod doing the pre-amp.