It's probably pretty decent, I used to have a guitar with a licensed Floyd Rose and it stayed in tune perfectly.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Considering the Floyd is blocked, it should stay in tune forever and last longer than the frets... Make sure it's set up properly, factories don't do such a hot job.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
So the fact it's a licensed Floyd isn't an issue? Since i haven't read any but negative feedbacks about them so far, till now that is.
Last edited by Gego at Mar 2, 2009,
I have a strat with an original Floyd, and one with a liscensed bridge. While the original feels mor crisp and the finish has held up better, it's knife edges have some worn spots and I ended up having to block the bridge.....The liscensed version still performs perfectly. I think the steel quality varies with each production run on any given model, so much for recycling huh?
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
It has no locking nut?????
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77

I noticed this too, whats the deal with that
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Ninja Penguin77

Nm, i just noticed it hasn't myself T.T Well, i suppose i could get a Luthier to fix that for me?
Last edited by Gego at Mar 3, 2009,
it not having it on the picture maybe?
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
locking tuners?
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
My guitar teacher has one like that, stays in tune really poorly for a guitar of that price.
ಠ_ಠ
^^^^

Probably because it has no locking nut making the whole floyd thing pointless really.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
^^^^

Probably because it has no locking nut making the whole floyd thing pointless really.

I was wondering, can't i get a luthier to replace the nut?:p Would that fix the problem?
Sorry for doing this but...bump xD
Please don't hurt me *hides*
^ Wtf ?

No. You need it to already have the locking nut, otherwise you have to destroy the current nut and do a whole lot of **** to it.

I wouldn't buy a guitar EVER without trying it first
Floating bridge without locking nut? Someone didn't paid enough detail to attention designing this guitar... hah...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Floating bridge without locking nut? Someone didn't paid enough detail to attention designing this guitar... hah...

I never lock the nut on any of my FR equipped guitars. Locking tuners and a smooth nut (TusQ, graphite, roller, etc.) can give a guitar enough tuning stability.

As for fitting a locking nut on a guitar without one, it's possible, but it'll have to be placed behind the existing nut.

As an example, look at this Kahler:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Mar 4, 2009,
Hmm, I hope that Floyd Rose isn't going to thin that strat's tone out. Also, it doesn't have a locking nut by the looks of things? You kinda need that.