Hey guys. Sometime around when my birthday comes, I am going to upgrade a Squier Tele. I want to put new pickups in, sand the "Squier" name off the headstock, and put my own text on there. That is the only butterscotch blonde tele I can afford.

Which pickups would be best to replace the Squier ones with?

I am considering using a DiMarzio DP110 in the bridge position and a Seymour Duncan STK-T1 in the neck position.

DiMarzio Dp110

Seymour Duncan STKT1

I play punk rock, and this would be one of my backup guitars. I don't NEED the Tele sound, but whatever I can get would be fine.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by tmfiore at Mar 2, 2009,
You should just save more.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Quote by MoonBoots432
You should just save more.

Dude, I can't get $2,100.

I specifically want the butterscotch blonde, I hate all teles except the butterscotch blonde ones.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
if your playing punk rock you can basically just put a piece of metal in the cavity and it will sound the same.
Quote by HIM%(^
if your playing punk rock you can basically just put a piece of metal in the cavity and it will sound the same.

Can I get some real suggestions?
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
A stock tele is perfect for punk, just ask Joe Strummer.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The DiMarzio pickup you are looking at is for a strat and won't fit into your guitar so if you are dead set on one of those two pickups then it's going to have to be the duncan.

Any reason you narrowed it down to those two?
Not taking any online orders.
Are you talking Brit Punk or American? Tele sound is fine for Brit punk but putting a better pup in would be best for American. Personally I'd go with some sort of Hot Rails humbucker type at the bridge, but the ones you mentioned look pretty good.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by CorduroyEW
The DiMarzio pickup you are looking at is for a strat and won't fit into your guitar so if you are dead set on one of those two pickups then it's going to have to be the duncan.

Any reason you narrowed it down to those two?

Nah, I just guessed.

I am playing American punk. The exact genre is "Melodic hardcore punk," but I just say punk rock for sure. I play stuff like NOFX, Lagwagon, Rancid, Pennywise, and the likes.

And by the way Steven Seagull, I would keep the stock pickups, but the only problem is that the guitar is a squier. I want one specifically in butterscotch blonde so don't bother saying "save more for an MIM."

I will probably put locking tuners on the tele as well.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Last edited by tmfiore at Mar 2, 2009,
^in that case you need classic tele pickups. The squire pickups have plastic bobbins and ceramic magnets and are crap but the guitar it's self is good. You just need any vintage style tele pickup set to drop into it. Duncan's "vintage" tele pickups are a safe bet. I wouldn't go DiMarzio for this. Of course you could always get some tele pups from me but given what you will be playing I'd think that you would be happy enough with the Duncans.
Hate to but in but I have an Epiphone Les Paul studio and I want to change the neck Pick-up to a really blueys pickup. (I don't want to sound thick bit can you change from a humbucker to a single coil)
Quote by CorduroyEW
^in that case you need classic tele pickups. The squire pickups have plastic bobbins and ceramic magnets and are crap but the guitar it's self is good. You just need any vintage style tele pickup set to drop into it. Duncan's "vintage" tele pickups are a safe bet. I wouldn't go DiMarzio for this. Of course you could always get some tele pups from me but given what you will be playing I'd think that you would be happy enough with the Duncans.

So that would make it this: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-STR1-Vintage-54-Tele-Rhythm-Pickup-?sku=300471

and this: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-STKT3-Vintage-Lead-Stack-Pickup?sku=300432

?

If so, that is awesome. The full price would be $360, which I would be able to get.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
That is a good neck but instead of the noisless bridge I'd suggest getting the vintage 54 bridge that will match the 54 neck pickup. It should be cheaper and it'll be closer to the tone you are after.
put in hot rails. im pretty sure they make them for tele's.
i got one in my strat and it sounds great. they really beef up the sound.