i just got a 50s vibe squier tele and im having a problem.
the neck pickup is really quiet, so much that i have to turn my amp all the way up to hear it. so is it a pickup adjustment thing or a serious problem, and i dont know how to adjust a tele pickup so could someone explain
If you just bought and are having problems, perhaps you should take it back to the shop and see if they'll take a look at it.

They should at least tell you what's wrong with it, although they might not do any work.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Quote by Gigatiran
If you just bought and are having problems, perhaps you should take it back to the shop and see if they'll take a look at it.

They should at least tell you what's wrong with it, although they might not do any work.

+1
Quote by Gigatiran

i bought it from guitar center, got it shipped to my house, and got the extended warranty
but guitar center is about 45min-1hour away for me so i wanna know if i can fix it myself
Quote by tukk04
i bought it from guitar center, got it shipped to my house, and got the extended warranty
but guitar center is about 45min-1hour away for me so i wanna know if i can fix it myself

the pickup could be too low, try rasing it, but the best bet would be to take it to gc
If you ordered it, you should be able to arrange for them to have a courier collect it from you free of charge; that's how it works in the UK. If you take the guitar apart yourself you risk voiding the warranty.
Yes, I use a Squier bass.

Quote by ccam555
0/10.

- Looking to improve this somewhat.
Quote by stratdud39
the pickup could be too low, try rasing it, but the best bet would be to take it to gc

thats the prob, i dont know how...
but its really quiet so my best bet would probably be gc
Quote by prt1990
If you ordered it, you should be able to arrange for them to have a courier collect it from you free of charge; that's how it works in the UK. If you take the guitar apart yourself you risk voiding the warranty.

yeah i could ship it for repairs but then i'll be playing the shipping game
Hmm... Keep in mind that they're in the wrong - they sold you a faulty guitar. Often they'll be able to replace it within a few days of you sending it to them (I think, but then obviously I have no experience with Guitar Center, just UK shops).
Yes, I use a Squier bass.

Quote by ccam555
0/10.

- Looking to improve this somewhat.
You have two options:

1) Take it to guitar center.
2) Open it up and look for loose wiring, etc.

I don't think anyone is going to be able to tell you what's wrong with out any information/pictures.

If you're going to check things out, I'm sure you can post some information on GB&C and they should be able to help you out.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Quote by stratdud39
you just loosen the screws around the pickups
it might be tightening, but you'll no once you do it

speak of what you know.

Take off the pickguard. On the teles, the neck pickup's mounting screws mount into the body beneath the pickgaurd. Pop off the pickgaurd, loosen those screws and the pickup will raise. If that doesn't help, take it in/send it back.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.