Hey people.

I have started to learn chords now and was wondering if anyone could recomend me with some songs with these chords.

D ,E ,A , Am, Dm, Em, G and C.

The problem i have is alot of people are asking me to check out songs to that use these chords and then when i get onto the tab/ video or whatever its got alot of other chords in it too.

So could anyone recomend me some songs that actually only use these chords and if its not so much trouble give me the direct link to the video lesson or tab or what ever it is

O and im not too good at chords:P.

Ok thanks people.

Hundreds of songs use those chords man. You have plently to work with there, learn songs that have atleast one new chord in, so you can pick things up as you have fun playing songs.
You could learnREM- Everybody hurts, thats a nice song simple and sounds nice, also its appregiated chords so thats good practice.
Green day- good riddance(strum along):it does have a few other chords in, but nothing youl struggle with really.
Umm, loads. lol.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Boulevard of broken dreams - Green Day
The Rhythm guitar to a lot of Foo Fighters has these chords of chords based on these chords. Also try Tribute by Tenacious D. Other than that im not sure
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Come to think of it, add in a load of old green day songs to that list xD
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Hey Joe
| C \ \ \ | G \ \ \ | D \ \ \ | A \ \ \ | E \ \ \ |E \ \ \ |

House of the Rising Sun (3/4 time)
| Am \ \ | C \ \ | D \ \ | F \ \ |
| Am \ \ | C \ \ | E \ \ | E \ \ |
| Am \ \ | C \ \ | D \ \ | F \ \ |
| Am \ \ | E \ \ | Am \ \ | E \ \ |
Last edited by buttknuckle at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by Jiggzy.UK

You could learnREM- Everybody hurts, thats a nice song simple and sounds nice, also its appregiated chords so thats good practice.

Doesn't that have an F# & a Bm in it?

How about Bad Moon Rising - Credance Clearwater Revival. D, A, G, D for the verses and G, D, A, G, D for the chorus. Nice and simple and everyone knows it.
Something to note: You'll come across alot of chords like E7, G7, Cmadd9 and such. For now you can ignore these while your getting used to chords/progressions and switching between them.

All those different chords are little tonal add-ons that make it sound a little nicer. Take E7 for example. It creates tension in the song and really drives home the home note when you play it. Just don't worry about them until your ready.
Hotel Yorba by The White Stripes.
It's nothing but G, C, and D.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Quote by Free
Doesn't that have an F# & a Bm in it?

How about Bad Moon Rising - Credance Clearwater Revival. D, A, G, D for the verses and G, D, A, G, D for the chorus. Nice and simple and everyone knows it.

Yeah it does, definatly a good beginner song though, and new chords can't be bad.

Plus, i second Bad moon a Rising, good sont for practicing rythem.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."