ive posted on here about swapping my strat for one of these, and the store dont do part exchange anymore.

so should i save for it? is it worth £180? (ticket price)

EDIT: it has an EMG in the bridge position

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Get a better amp first. An EMG into a 15W SS practice amp will just sound harsh and trebly.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
i wouldnt be using it on my amp, its for band things.

we have some sort of valve amps at school (not sure of the name, but i know theyre valve because ive broken one before)

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Then go for it I suppose, just try it first to make sure it's what you want.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Wait - you'd trade a custom shop Fender for an Epi?

Anyway, +1 to what necrosis said. Demo it extensively, because EMGs don't only sound crappy through some amps, but also when they're in lower-end guitars. Most Epis don't qualify for use with EMGs (from my experience, anyway), so be picky about it!
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by TheQuailman
Wait - you'd trade a custom shop Fender for an Epi?

Anyway, +1 to what necrosis said. Demo it extensively, because EMGs don't only sound crappy through some amps, but also when they're in lower-end guitars. Most Epis don't qualify for use with EMGs (from my experience, anyway), so be picky about it!

I guarantee it isn't a custom shop model.It's most likely an MIM strat that had a few mods done on it so he's calling it a custom.I'd say no,a strat is way more versatile and buying a guitar just because it has EMG pups in it without considering other factors is just silly.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

yeah its custom because i customed it. lol its not a custom shop, and i doubt its worth anything anymore, its fairly old. (1999 i think). old but not old enough to be worth anything.

and iwill demo it extensively. im picky about guitars anyway, ill be doubly-so.

and im not buying it just for the EMG, i was going to buy an LP anyway for my new sex pistols tribute band i recently joined. i only want this one because the EMG is better than epi stocks.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

It'd be a pretty strange guitar for the Pistols with that EMG. Maybe consider a Vintage V-100, they cost roughly 200 pounds and should work fine for punk. They are pretty common in Europe, you shouldn't have a problem finding one you can try.