Just a curious question.
I've never once tuned my guitar to absolute perfection according to my guitar tuner.
Would I be wrong to assume that this is a physical impossibility?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Well to be perfectly in pitch is probably impossible but you should still tune as close as possible so your ear is accustomed to the right pitch.
You'd have to take intonation in to account as well if you wanted your guitar to be perfectly in tune.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
You can never actually get it to a perfect pitch (please no jokes)
but you can get it close enough so it sounds perfect.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
There's something about tuning an instrument that uses equal temperament tuning.

The only perfect tuning you can get is octaves. The other notes has to be slighly off equally to sound pleasant.

If you tune one chord perfectly the other chords will be off.

To tune your guitar (this is one method that I use) you use a reference tone. For example you tune your treble E string to a reference pitch (some tuners have that).

Then you tune your E notes on other strings to the tuned E string and have them in unison. No wavering sound just smooth.

Sometimes I'll use my A string to tune in the As.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Just a curious question.
I've never once tuned my guitar to absolute perfection according to my guitar tuner.
Would I be wrong to assume that this is a physical impossibility?

Do you mean you never manage to get the open string be in tune according to your tuner? ie you never manage to get the line or lights bang on? Or do you mean all across the fretboard.

If its the former then its not impossible but it would depend on the quality of your tuners, strings and tuner (and probably a lot of other stuff). But generally you should be able to tune the open strings so your tuner says its perfectly in tune (even if it isn't).

If its the latter, then thats been covered more than adequently by others.