Hi,

I would like to find a SG type guitar that has 2 "real" P90 pickups like a gibson sg classic.
My price range would be $600-$1000.

I already looked at MIJ guitars as Tokai or Edwards but couldn't find any...

Any help on this ?

Thanks
Gibson makes an SG for either 900 or 1000 bucks that has real deal p-90's
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Yeah, isn't the SG Classic $999? I bet you can get one used for like $400-700. I got a Standard for $600, and those are far more popular.

Edit: looks like they discontinued it...check craigslist and eBay, don't settle for anything but that Gibson. It's the best guitar for the money with those specs.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, isn't the SG Classic $999? I bet you can get one used for like $400-700. I got a Standard for $600, and those are far more popular.

Edit: looks like they discontinued it...check craigslist and eBay, don't settle for anything but that Gibson. It's the best guitar for the money with those specs.

Agreed
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
PRS SE Soapbar II looks nice too even if it's not very "SG looking"... Opinions on it ?
i have the sg classic with real p90s
i got it NEW for $700 due to a sale that guitar center had and some haggling...

i'm definitely impressed with the sound. it's a great guitar
tokai actually does one... i haven't tried it though. My local store had one a while back, but i didn't realise it was an MIJ one at the time, and by the time I had, it had sold and i hadn't tried it

anyway:

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=34&category_id=15&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

prices have gone up a LOT recently (you used to be able to pick them up for £500), but if you're lucky you might find a shop with some still at the old prices.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've heard that the Gibson SG with P90's mentioned above actually has a fatter neck and doesn't have that trademark SG playability. Truth?
Quote by MSA13
I've heard that the Gibson SG with P90's mentioned above actually has a fatter neck and doesn't have that trademark SG playability. Truth?

Didn't have the opportunity to play it unfortunately but the only changes compared to a standard SG are the dot inlays and P90s instead of trapezoidal inlays and humbuckers, so the neck is supposed to be the same i assume...