I just got a danelectro fish n chips last friday. i ordered it from guitarcenter for $30. Anyways, I run it in front of my Bugera 333-212 using two 9 ft monster cables, one from my epiphone lp to the pedal, and the other from the pedal into the amps input. The pedal seemed to be working fine all weekend ect. Today however, I was playing and when I would click on the pedal, it would cause incredibly high pitched and loud noises to come out of my amp. They were ear splitting. Even when the pedal was turned off, the volume of the noises would die down but i could still hear strange noise. Even when I flatlined the EQ pedal so everything was in the middle, it would still scream, so i dont think it is because of extreme settings on it. I also unplugged it and went straight from guitar to amp, and i didnt get any strange noise so it must be the pedal.. Could it just be low batteries or something or is the pedal ****ed?
probably battery, try to change it and see if it works then
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
I second the battery suggestion. Some pedals go through batteries like water.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
and the batteries that come preinstalled are just so u can see if the pedal works, not much juice in them
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
And if it's the battery, then get an adapter if possible, or you'll end up spending a fortune on batteries; like if you forget to unplug it when using batteries, the device is still on, draining the battery.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
that would have nothing to do with the battery at all. a dying battery will not make the pedal scream and make all kinds of noises. that sounds like something is wrong with the pedal itself. if the battery is dying on the pedal then the effect/eq will not sound as loud and the effect will slowly be less defined. id bring the pedal back or ship it back and ask for another one
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Apparently you don't have much experience with cheap Danelectro pedals. Youtube it.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Last edited by Link.JohnIrving at Mar 2, 2009,
Could be the battery, I had a very similar experience with my SubDecay Echobox. It would make screeching high pitch screams on the delays. Changed the battery and the problem solved itself.

Alternatively, it could be a lemon'ed battery?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
yeap i changed the battery and its working absolutely fine again, thank god. The pedal itself is pretty nice.
Quote by Link.JohnIrving
Apparently you don't have much experience with cheap Danelectro pedals. Youtube it.

not really, but i have alot of experience with pedals, but never heard of a pedal doing that when a battery dies....thats odd..lol
that really happens with the cheap line of those pedals? i have the older Daddy-O od pedal by them and it has never done that. i wonder why the battery makes the pedal make all those noises. i wouldnt use it live unless i had a power supply if its gonna make those nosies.
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA