Hey
sorry if your a bit fed up of these threads but please help me!!!

I have three questions about the Digitech Bad Monkey:

What do YOU use your Bad Monkey for?

What do You generally think of it, i.e. Does it suit your needs, can you compare it to other overdrive pedals?

Does it affect your clean signal? ( Because i know it is not true bypass)

Please reply!!!
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
I use my Bad Monkey to push my VK into metal, and for a classic rock tone when I put it in front of my clean signal.

Compared to other OD's? I like it better than the ZW OD and the other cheap Boss OD.

I didn't think it made too much of a difference on clean signal when I turn it off, so it should be fine.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
does the bad monkey have the same mid "hump" as the ibanez tube screamers?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they have slightly less of a hump than a TS. There's still one there though.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
The tiny bit of a mid hump in the bad monkey can be modded out really easily.

IbanezPsycho's profile for more info on that.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
1. Clean boost for distortion, to give that extra kick needed for solos/high gain. Sometimes as a volume boost on the clean channel.

2. Best overdrive for the money ($50-ish)

3. Not very much.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Faux~Affliction
The tiny bit of a mid hump in the bad monkey can be modded out really easily.

IbanezPsycho's profile for more info on that.

oh, no. i love that mid hump. that's why i bought a TS.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
oh, no. i love that mid hump. that's why i bought a TS.

Well, I guess if you need the br00tal sc00p3d m1ds!1!one!1!!! Then it'd be good to mod it out.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
The BM is a far better pedal if you are after just boosting the amp. Basically using it as a clean boost (dime the level and zero out the gain for example). The bad monkey has a bit more level on tap then the TS9 as well so it can push those preamps a bit harder which is a plus for most applicaitons. Also the TS9 colors your tone quite a bit vs the bad monkey and what little coloration the BM has it can be taken out with a simple mod. What all this adds up to is the BM will tighten and add a bit more gain then your standard OD pedal like say a TS9. So that said its alot better clean boost in my opinion. More boost and more transparent..

Now the BM vs the TS9 as a stand alone pedal. The TS9 beats it hands down if your using it to mimic an overdriven tube amp example actually turning up the gain knob then the TS9 is your pedal its going to sound better and warmer. So using the pedal as an OD, the TS9 is a better pedal in my opinion.

So the end result for metal I love the BM and it does a great job of pushing those preamp tubes harder allowing the amp to get into the metal realm without needing a ton of gain from the amp. And it really tightens up the amp in the process.

And reliability isnt an issue both are great solid pedals...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
The BM is a far better pedal if you are after just boosting the amp. Basically using it as a clean boost (dime the level and zero out the gain for example). The bad monkey has a bit more level on tap then the TS9 as well so it can push those preamps a bit harder which is a plus for most applicaitons. Also the TS9 colors your tone quite a bit vs the bad monkey and what little coloration the BM has it can be taken out with a simple mod. What all this adds up to is the BM will tighten and add a bit more gain then your standard OD pedal like say a TS9. So that said its alot better clean boost in my opinion. More boost and more transparent..

Now the BM vs the TS9 as a stand alone pedal. The TS9 beats it hands down if your using it to mimic an overdriven tube amp example actually turning up the gain knob then the TS9 is your pedal its going to sound better and warmer. So using the pedal as an OD, the TS9 is a better pedal in my opinion.

So the end result for metal I love the BM and it does a great job of pushing those preamp tubes harder allowing the amp to get into the metal realm without needing a ton of gain from the amp. And it really tightens up the amp in the process.

And reliability isnt an issue both are great solid pedals...

Exactly!!