Page 1 of 2
Don't want to start a debate on religion or anything, i guess there's already a thread for that, just wondering do any atheists here still say things like oh my god or god dammit? For me its a force of habit, one of my friends said I should say ford dammit instead, after reading A Brave New World in school last year.
Member #5 of the Official Conan O'Brien Club; PM Tom Trendy to join
im Atheist, im always Saying "Jesus Christ!" and "God's Sake!"
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
Ah for Dawkin's sake...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
do you celebrate christmas/ other holidays ?

if you do, it's not atheism
hardly anyone is 100% atheist.

EDIT: I'm just curious, many atheist don't go full-atheist, they still keep things from other religions.
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
technically, you probably shouldn't say damnit since you wouldnt believe in damnation.

oh yeah, i say fiddlesticks.

FTW
Quote by sam_brault

EDIT: I'm just curious, many atheist don't go full-atheist, they still keep things from other religions.

Christmas is a pagan ritual
Who the hell(teehee) really mean "May God damn this with all his glorious might! Hallelujah!" when they say "God damn it" anyway?
Athiest here, i say force of habit oh my god and god bless me and god damnit
i've been known to say God F*ck ME!
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Quote by YoHendrix

this
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME
I use those bread bag clips as ninja stars, i once hit a Jehovahs witnesses guy on the head with one.

I squinted my eyes and said "Where is your god now"

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: capn crayola
Those sayings are pretty much used everyday by everyone and hardly ever actually mean that your mad at your god for doing something wrong to you. It's just a saying nowadays, that's all. I'm tired of the attacks on the atheism in recent days here. We're not making threads attack the religious folks, so leave us alone.
Quote by sam_brault

Pfffft, Christmas isn't about Christ anymore...

and yea, I still say God damnit and whatnot. But I usually say "oh your God".
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Because it's a part of society. If you think about it, a lot of things come from religion. Example: Gee - Jeez - Jesus
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by sam_brault

Atheism = not beleiving in a god/gods.

I still say AD/BC, and thursday, friday etc... Just because you're atheist it doesn't mean you don't enjoy turkey and getting gifts
Quote by sam_brault

Christmas isn't religious.

Jesus was actually born in June.
It's a force of habit for me too. I've tried to stop I'd say other things but it isn't working
Quote by Kensai

Celebrating the birth of Christ is defined as paganism?

Sure, many of the modern methods of celebration match up with pagan traditions. But celebrating the birth of Christ is not pagan.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
i always quote famous fictional characters....
OH NODDY!
I'LL ALWAYS NEED THIS
I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU
Quote by Kensai

Christmas is a Christian ritual. Saturnalia, a Roman festival on which Christmas is largely based, is a pagan ritual. It doesn't matter, though, because atheism rejects both.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by bigwilly
Celebrating the birth of Christ is defined as paganism?

Sure, many of the modern methods of celebration match up with pagan traditions. But celebrating the birth of Christ is not pagan.

It's originally pagan you history-illiterate.
Quote by Kensai

Well, a festival around the 25th of December is a pagan ritual, but I think celebrating Christs' birth is quite key to Christianity.

Although, it is on record that Jesus was born in Spring, and the Medieval church put Christmas on the 25th December to tie in with the Winter Solstace.

Paganism = theism, too.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by YoHendrix

God is Japanese?

And atheism isn't a religion, so why would you avoid saying it? It's not the say as, for example, a Buddhist praying to a god, it's just a turn of phrase. To Christians, it's blasphemy, so if anything they're less likely than atheists to say it.

But yeah, I blaspheme like no one's business. I've also been known to utter such things as "I hope you rot in the darkest corner of Hades", and so on, and yet I don't subscribe to Ancient Greek religion
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
isnt it that if you say god dammit that you'll go to hell or something because you ARE christian? atheists can say it all they want. if you're an atheist, you dont believe in a god, making it just an expression.
I celebrate Christmas aka Present Day.
I've actually seen people get uber-pissed about that; they're all like "If you don't believe, you shouldn't celebrate!!! AARRRRRGHGH!!!"
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by sam_brault

Are you retarded?

Christmas and Easter are both pagan holidays stolen by the Catholic church because they couldn't make the people stop celebrating them. They both have NOTHING to do with Christianity.
Well I'm Bill Maher Atheist (Which is pretty damn atheist) and of course it is a habit but not just that. We can say things like "God Damn & Jesus Christ" even more than religious peoples because the words mean nothing to us there in meaning the same thing as any swear word.
Quote by freddaahh
Well, a festival around the 25th of December is a pagan ritual, but I think celebrating Christs' birth is quite key to Christianity.

Although, it is on record that Jesus was born in Spring, and the Medieval church put Christmas on the 25th December to tie in with the Winter Solstace.

Paganism = theism, too.

lolsource?
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Kensai
It's originally pagan you history-illiterate.

Did I not acknowledge that the methods of celebrations are pagan? Regardless of that, in modern culture, the point of Christmas is the birth of Christ!
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Christmas was originally the celebration of Apollo's Birthday. Way to **** all over the sun god, Jesus!

Anyway, I dont believe in God, which is all the more reason to say 'god damn it' or 'oh god' because you're not saying your Lord's name in vain. It honestly is just a name.

Also, this 'full atheist' and 'half atheist' stuff is bullshit. Atheism just means that you don't believe in God/religion. If you're not sure, you're an agnostic. Classifying atheism is like calling it another religion, which is completely counterintuitive.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by freddaahh

Paganism = theism, too.

Since jesus probably wasn't born around that time of the year and it's only in december because the church wanted to link with the people socailly I don't really link it with the birth of jesus.
Quote by vintage x metal
Christmas was originally the celebration of Apollo's Birthday. Way to **** all over the sun god, Jesus!

Anyway, I dont believe in God, which is all the more reason to say 'god damn it' or 'oh god' because you're not saying your Lord's name in vain. It honestly is just a name.

Also, this 'full atheist' and 'half atheist' stuff is bullshit. Atheism just means that you don't believe in God/religion. If you're not sure, you're an agnostic. Classifying atheism is like calling it another religion, which is completely counterintuitive.

/thread
Do Atheists just declare themselves Atheist? It's not like they go to a Church to get converted..I've always wondered this
Quote by StewieSwan
lolsource?

yeah, jesus was never born on December 25. he was born some time in summer. scientists have figured this out after reading the star patterns that would have occured on the day jesus was born. the church just uses that day to relace pagan holidays.
Quote by The Shroom420
Do Atheists just declare themselves Atheist? It's not like they go to a Church to get converted..I've always wondered this

Nah there's a thorough initiation process that involves a lot of cheese and no pants.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Page 1 of 2