http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy3V2Tl4g3s
I'm guessing we've all seen this before (after I posted it a while a go but it got locked then some other prick posts it up and doesn't get his thread locked .. but thats another story..) But I just need a few facts.

Who is this guy? I know he has an album of some sort, but I don't know what its called.. Also, this guy isn't relatively well known, is there anyone I can listen to who is similar to his style and a bit more...known?
And finally, this may sound stupid, but what genre does this type of music fall under?

Thanks

Also what would you say thsi genre is?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htRt6LHBkEU What bands have bassist which play like this ?
Last edited by NKF176 at Mar 2, 2009,
Well I know his name has popped up on here before, I just can't remember it. I'd call that Jazz Fusion, but that's just me.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
"Gustavo Dalfarra" in the tags for the video
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
The chords at 0.59'. Oh my god. I've come. Twice, because he repeats. They are gorgeous.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
He's damn good I have seen that video before. Now its nice too put a name too that playing
"(more info)
(less info)

Category: Music
Tags:
Bass Player Amazing Guitar Music Gustavo Dalfarra "
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
meh! he's no Stanley Clarke. OMG he can slap and pop. unfortunately slappin' has become the "bar" that all bass players are judged on. lets hear flea play some Allman Brothers. lol
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
meh! he's no Stanley Clarke. OMG he can slap and pop. unfortunately slappin' has become the "bar" that all bass players are judged on. lets hear flea play some Allman Brothers. lol

According to Jack Bruce, slapping is on it's way out, it's had it's day. Flamenco style playing is where it's at now, he says.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio

I'd say it's the chords and tapping that put the guy over the top.
Quote by Nutter_101
The chords at 0.59'. Oh my god. I've come. Twice, because he repeats. They are gorgeous.

ahh good... im not the only one

I got my own life to live,
I'm the one that's going to die
when its time for me to die.
So let me live my life
the way i want to.
-Jimi Hendrix, If 6 was 9
Quote by Deliriumbassist
According to Jack Bruce, slapping is on it's way out, it's had it's day. Flamenco style playing is where it's at now, he says.

Good, I don't like slap.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I think Slap is one of those thing u have to have like an aquired taste for. I think its clever and all, but i dont have any ambitions to learn it. That guys playing is quality though, i admire people who can play like that.
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals