Recently I re-tubed my VC30-112 with a set of 4 matched JJ EL84s, and it worked fine for a couple of hours, before the HT fuse blew. Today I went and bought a pack of fuses with which to replace it, same voltage etc, but they are quick blow fuses - could this be causing problems for my amp? Here's a picture of the tubes to show the problem;

This one might be a bit clearer

Since changing the fuse it has been working perfectly for a minute or 2 and the tubes looked perfectly healthy, then after that time the sound has started breaking up and the tubes went as shown in the picture. I tried another fuse and the same happened. Is the quick blow fuse causing this or does my amp need rebiasing? I'm a total n00b to this and need help!

Thanks in advance.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Last edited by Friendly Stoat at Mar 2, 2009,
rebiasing may help but aslong as the fuse is one that is compatible with you amp you shouldn't have any problems with fuses
Well its a 500mA one just like the one it had before, but just a quick blow one, the old one was slow blow... and it didn't do this before, with the new tubes, but the old fuse did blow. So I'm confused. haha.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by kyle8407
spam deleted
have a nice day!

Seeing the word 'Banned' under your name made me very happy. Tosser.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
dayum

dont just keep replacing fuses though, a fuse blowing is the smoke, not the fire if you like

i'd be inclined to at least consult a tech, but be prepared to be fed a load of crap and be persuaded to have it repaired

also, ask at the laney posse
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
dayum

dont just keep replacing fuses though, a fuse blowing is the smoke, not the fire if you like

i'd be inclined to at least consult a tech, but be prepared to be fed a load of crap and be persuaded to have it repaired

also, ask at the laney posse

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking, and can't afford to have expensive work done to it I'm trying a couple of things then if they don't work i'll try the Laney thread. Thanks
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by Friendly Stoat
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking, and can't afford to have expensive work done to it I'm trying a couple of things then if they don't work i'll try the Laney thread. Thanks

i meant here

http://www.laney-posse.co.uk/

mmmm, laneys
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Oh ok, thanks!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75