My TU-2 wont turn on..its got a brand new battery, and nothing's lighting up no matter what i stomp, or press or what have you. I cant open the back because the screws are so ****ing tight, I have no idea what to do...ideas?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Buy a new tuner, they are like $5-$15.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
...its a pedal tuner, so try like 80-100 new...(I got mine used and as a gift, so idk what was actually paid for it...but enough that its an issue)

Quote by bogg808

you could have put the battery in the wrong way it happened to a wirless mouse i have i woundered why it never worked and it turned out i put the battery in the wrong way
I would continue trying to open it up. electronics don't usually "break" they just develope loose connections. I'm sure if you get it open you'll find a wire that needs re-soldering.
^^ *reported*
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Wait, what the hell? Boss pedals don't open from the back! The screw on the front is how you get to the battery...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
guys its a PEDAL tuner meaning he's probably using it for gigs=he can't use an online one or just buy a new tuner for 5$. see if you can get a warranty on it, or check out one of those clip-on tuners?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
^exactly. and I still cant get it open...I'll try the AC adaptor thing tho

Quote by bogg808

Tuner pedals are worthless IMO. I have a normal tuner that does the job perfectly, instead of wasting cash on a tuner pedal.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Mar 2, 2009,
how do you tune onstage?

Quote by bogg808

Quote by lespaul#1
Tuner pedals are worthless IMO. I have a normal tuner that does the job perfectly, instead of wasting cash on a tuner pedal.

Not if you play live.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Pedals aren't usually that hard to fix. Chances are if it doesn't turn on than there's a wire broken or a diode that went bad or something. It doesn't hurt to look around, although if you can't open it I guess this won't help you much.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
No, I know people who do that use standard ones.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
No, I know people who do that use standard ones.

It's all a matter of preference. They're a good idea for people who have the money, but they're far from necessary. If you play a lot of shows it does help, especially when you're playing in a long lineup and don't have a lot of time to tune .

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Ok, I agree with that.
Quote by chip46