Page 1 of 3
You made 3d pics of my mom, how dare you. And the little boxes are cool. Whats with the office?

Edit:My moms the fish person thing.
this is pretty good

i saw it on your website/myspace a few days ago

nice job

i cant do 3d stuff to save my life
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
You made 3d pics of my mom, how dare you. And the little boxes are cool. Whats with the office?

it was an assignment I did for an architectural firm, they wanted a model of an art gallery. that's the finished picture.
I would take higher resolution renders, and open them up on photoshop to smooth them out a bit and trim some of the blank space off.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Seems cool. Could use more textures though
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
sweet deal. i'm diggin the creature from the black lagoon
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Pretty cool, but still a little rough around the edges. That said, I wouldn't know how to do anything about it
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by rabidguitarist
I would take higher resolution renders, and open them up on photoshop to smooth them out a bit and trim some of the blank space off.

hm, good point, and something that is easily fixed! I'll do it, thanks!

Quote by burndttoast
I agree with rabidguitarist. What program did you use?

Maya and 3DSMax for the last picture.
pretty cool ****ttttttttt

edit:^ RePoRtEd
Last edited by -tempest- at Mar 2, 2009,
Meh, you need to work on your modelling a little. Got any wires?

Here are some of mine, I haven't got around to finishing most of them yet.

Quote by maggot9779
Meh, you need to work on your modelling a little. Got any wires?

Here are some of mine, I haven't got around to finishing most of them yet.

I don't get this one , the other one's are awesome, though.

but yeah, I know. I've only been doing this for 6 months, there's still a lot I need to learn, but it's the best I've got right now.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I don't get this one , the other one's are awesome, though.

but yeah, I know. I've only been doing this for 6 months, there's still a lot I need to learn, but it's the best I've got right now.

Haha, I was going to rig him and make an animation but I never got around to it

It's not bad for 6 months, you were better than I was.
Quote by CoreysMonster
it's a 3D model shaded to look like a cartoon.

Yup. I didn't get the outline right though.

Sorry for hijacking your thread by the way
Quote by maggot9779
Haha, I was going to rig him and make an animation but I never got around to it

It's not bad for 6 months, you were better than I was.

thanks! do you do this professionally?

Quote by maggot9779
Yup. I didn't get the outline right though.

Sorry for hijacking your thread by the way

no problem! I love to see other people's work!
And you wanted to do a 3D cartoon from that skill base?!

No offense intended but...no.

Anyway. I won't comment about the first 3 because I just don't have anything to say about them...nothing good, nothing bad.
Fourth one - people don't have ALL their hair the same length so I recommend you add some shorter hair onto his forehead.
Fifth one - bloody perfect!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by CoreysMonster
thanks! do you do this professionally?

Nah, I used to do some work for a game but it never got released. I also made a few things for a guys film but that never got finished (he wanted me to make a whole city while all he did was make the characters)

Edit, I have ALOT more renders but I can't seem to find them lol (random guitars, a nearly finished building etc)
Last edited by maggot9779 at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by BloodMoon666
And you wanted to do a 3D cartoon from that skill base?!

No offense intended but...no.

Anyway. I won't comment about the first 3 because I just don't have anything to say about them...nothing good, nothing bad.
Fourth one - people don't have ALL their hair the same length so I recommend you add some shorter hair onto his forehead.
Fifth one - bloody perfect!

if nothing is good, how can nothing be bad? you seem to know what you'Re talking about, come on! give a bit of advice
not bad. try copying some things to show that you can make something that looks like what you're copying. also work on your texturing and lighting.

check out mine. http://harp.njit.edu/~nls4/portfolio/index.html
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Regarding the second to last image, did you use any reference pictures?

I tend to start with the eyes and mouth. Extrude the edges around both of them and then build the rest of the head from there onwards. If you are aiming at human-type models, you need to pay extremely good attention to proportions and positioning

Good start though, keep going.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by rworsl
Regarding the second to last image, did you use any reference pictures?

I tend to start with the eyes and mouth. Extrude the edges around both of them and then build the rest of the head from there onwards. If you are aiming at human-type models, you need to pay extremely good attention to proportions and positioning

Good start though, keep going.

no reference pictures. just started modelling, and that's what came out.

I start with a cube, model the basic shape, subdivide, and add detail.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
not bad. try copying some things to show that you can make something that looks like what you're copying. also work on your texturing and lighting.

in regards to the skull and shredder:

AWWWWESOOOOOOOME!!
Quote by xxunder-takerxx

Cool stuff, I like the thing from Robocop

The skull has a weird looking map on it. (the teeth look strange)
Quote by maggot9779
Cool stuff, I like the thing from Robocop

The skull has a weird looking map on it. (the teeth look strange)

thanks for the comments guys. and yea i did that texture in like 20 seconds. no time to fix it up right now.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
thanks for the comments guys. and yea i did that texture in like 20 seconds. no time to fix it up right now.

I know what you mean man, I used to work on stuff all the time, now I just can't be bothered. The most i've done lately is some stuff in Reactor.

Quote by CoreysMonster
have any of you guys tried becoming professional 3D-modellers?

You need to be alot better than I am to be a professional. You need to know the program inside out and be able to model nearly anything with ease, i'm not there yet.
Last edited by maggot9779 at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster
have any of you guys tried becoming professional 3D-modellers?

i am in that process right now. im graduating in may trying to get a job in the video game industry, but any graphics job will do lol.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Quote by CoreysMonster
if nothing is good, how can nothing be bad? you seem to know what you'Re talking about, come on! give a bit of advice

Oh if you insist

1st picture: The head, legs, arms and chest(chest layout, actually) look good. However it's not in proportion at all...from the side-shot he looks exactly the same. I mean as in if there was a 90-degree shot on him(so you can see only the left leg and the left arm and so on) and if that shot was transfered into shadow(black & white), it would be REALLY hard to understand what animal it's supposed to be. Try to get a curve into his back, more width to his upper legs, elbow more profoundly outgrown(either far more profoundly than a human being's or have it stay as it is...). Then try to play with abnormalities. A horn or two - bigger/smaller eyes and so on and so on. First create the character and then build it.

The blocksters were just dull. They look great but they're way too static and happy - ganja much - and they leave their surroundings in great need of detail due to lack of their own.

That's pretty much what my director's eyes can tell you
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by maggot9779
I know what you mean man, I used to work on stuff all the time, now I just can't be bothered. The most i've done lately is some stuff in Reactor.

You need to be alot better than I am to be a professional. You need to know the program inside out and be able to model nearly anything with ease, i'm not there yet.

no, that's definately not true. Many beginning professionals I know still have trouble with the program. are there really that many commands you need to know to model?
Quote by xxunder-takerxx

The chess one is awesome, same to the robocoop one, they were all brill though, same to TS, though the hair on the 2nd to last one is a bit off.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
i am in that process right now. im graduating in may trying to get a job in the video game industry, but any graphics job will do lol.

I'm in the same boat, I graduate in about 3 months and need to get a job after that. I'd love to go into animation/modelling/special effects
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Page 1 of 3