would you rather make music you love and get paid very little, or make music that you dont absolutly like and get paid lots?
<---- Put money here
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Mar 2, 2009,
money.. it drives the world.. and unfortunately, it causes a lot of people to change.. + I might finally get laid.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by sadistic_monkey
Do the music I love, and then have another job. Obviously.

damn loopholes lol. well suppose you cant do that
Money. Artistic integrity is all well and good but I'm lazy and greedy.
Quote by Pernell
Make music i dont absolutely like.

then, since i'm rich, start a side project of my favorite music

this
Quote by Pernell

this.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by Anvil pants
go for the money first
then with the money make the music you want

^^ this iis what my head says

although my heart says do the music i love and get paid very little. because then the more you do, the more enjoyment and money you get.
Wow, I fall into the category of play music I hate and don't get paid well (in a cover band). Sucks for me.
Quote by Pernell

+1
Gear
Basses
Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass in Olympic White

Guitars
Squier Stratocaster Showmaster NLT HSS
Stagg Electro Acoustic

Amps
Carlsbro Cobra Bass 90W
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Squier SA-10

I plan to play music to make a living. Not get stinking rich or play stadiums, just release a couple albums, tour in a ****ty van, and play the kick ass music that I write. I'll peddle Cd's at gigs. I'm not interested in being owned by a record company.

I'll do my own stuff, make some cash, work on the side, deal on the side. Live the real life.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
However much money I got I still wouldn't be happy making awful music so I'll take the non sellout option plz.
I may be crazy, but i have a really, really open mind when it comes to music. I can honestly say, there is no music that I hate, and I would love to play all kinds of music. Even the ones that seem horrible at first, it always finds a way to grow on me and i learn to appreciate some aspect of it. So Basically, I would take the money first, but I would learn to like the music in the end. I mean really, its all just a collection of sounds, its so innocent, how can you not like it.
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
I may be crazy, but i have a really, really open mind when it comes to music. I can honestly say, there is no music that I hate, and I would love to play all kinds of music. Even the ones that seem horrible at first, it always finds a way to grow on me and i learn to appreciate some aspect of it. So Basically, I would take the money first, but I would learn to like the music in the end. I mean really, its all just a collection of sounds, its so innocent, how can you not like it.

This is rare to see. Good for you.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by Darth_Qurashi

+100
Quote by Pernell

What he said.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by kxy1992
screw money, im making the music i love!

i agree,100.1%
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Record that **** for the money and play the stuff I want to play in concert.

That's pretty much what Cream did.

Wrote those awful pop songs to get gigs and play blues stuff.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
The music. I don't even wanna be rich. I already have enough money and never felt any satisfaction by it.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash