Yews this is retarded but, I say they are Pop Punk, Punk, Skater Punk and/or Rock.

BUT, My friend says they are emo too, Yes a few songs sound a little emo but majorly.... They aren't... Aren't They?

I just need closure :P
pop punk on the whole
they have experimental tracks, but definitely pop punk overall
Just 'cos a band does a sad (or emo) song doesn't make them emo. Doesn't even make the SONG emo.
As a whole, I wouldn't call Blink emo. Emotional songs are part of Pop-punk, a long with every other genre out there.
boy band with guitar who tell dick jokes.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
i would definately go with pop punk
Epiphone LP Standard Honeyburst, Stagg Custom Job
Relic'd Tele, Carlsbro GLX30
Frontman 25R, Zoom G1X
Dunlop SW-95, Danelectro DTB-1
Behringer VT999

Quote by obeythepenguin
Damn, that was fast. AlexW1989, thanks to you I can finally get to sleep again at night...
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
I think they fall under the "shit" genre.

Before I even opened it, I was going to reply the exact same thing. Damn you!!
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Someone told me Bach sounded like crap.

Quote by Minkaro
What a dick, right? Skid Row are awesome
Brutal Experimental Doom/Black Metal?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
Quote by Jay4GunsNRoses
Before I even opened it, I was going to reply the exact same thing. Damn you!!

Considering your name and your sig, I wouldn't even open my mouth if I were you.
Think they call it So cal punk, then theres the pop punk, poser punk, ear rape, and **** :P pick the genres :P All the small things, details... ass :p xD
Quote by OrangePossum
Considering your name and your sig, I wouldn't even open my mouth if I were you.

Yeah, no kidding.
People, if you are going to post in the thread just to call it ****, get lost and find something better to do.

blink-182 is pop punk, but some of their older stuff (mostly on Dude Ranch) is punk rock.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Pop-Punk, I guess

Oh, and they're not emo. Does their music sound like Post-Hardcore to you?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
There's no such thing as bad music, just bad ways to listen to it.
I like rap, feel free to use that as an argument against me.
the songs don't sound any different when you call it something else.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
people blink isnt emo or punk rock

blink is pop punk/happy punk/neo punk/teenage punk

how ever you wanna call it but its all the same, i think they are the best ever, people say blink its gay and that stuff to look ''cool'' and you say that they cant solo, etc. a lot of people who say this like the ramones (they had lots of elements of pop punk) and the beattles
Quote by actaderock
people blink isnt emo or punk rock

blink is pop punk/happy punk/neo punk/teenage punk

how ever you wanna call it but its all the same, i think they are the best ever, people say blink its gay and that stuff to look ''cool'' and you say that they cant solo, etc. a lot of people who say this like the ramones (they had lots of elements of pop punk) and the beattles

your point? the ramones are the godfathers of pop-punk(arguably), and the beatles are hands down one of the 3 best bands of all time.

that being said, i love blink. this belongs in P&E, so i'll report it.
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Quote by tmfiore
People, if you are going to post in the thread just to call it ****, get lost and find something better to do.

blink-182 is pop punk, but some of their older stuff (mostly on Dude Ranch) is punk rock.

No no no, they're manafactured teen pop otherwise known as pop-punk.. I'm not even one of these musical elitist types, but they're not Punk at all.. Joe Strummer is turning in his grave at ****e like them and the Jonas Brothers passing themselves off as punks.. (and I'm not even into punk..)
Pop
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Libertine..
No no no, they're manafactured teen pop otherwise known as pop-punk.. I'm not even one of these musical elitist types, but they're not Punk at all.. Joe Strummer is turning in his grave at ****e like them and the Jonas Brothers passing themselves off as punks.. (and I'm not even into punk..)

You know that a lot of pop punk bands start off as legitimate bands or remain legitimate throughout there career. Ever heard of the Descendents or The Ergs!? Both great pop punk bands who were not manufactured. Blink 182 is pop punk and they have legitimate roots. I don't like them anyway.

Also- pop punk bands often have lyrics that could be taken as "emo." A thing to remember with what emo started with- a lot of the lyrics make no sense.
"Thin kids get a skinny neck hex. Heads hang heavy."- Little League by Cap'n Jazz
Pop punk is often about how the singer can't get a girlfriend...
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy...

Hey coffee eyes... You got me coughin up my cookie heart..
Quote by Kurasuke
You know that a lot of pop punk bands start off as legitimate bands or remain legitimate throughout there career. Ever heard of the Descendents or The Ergs!? Both great pop punk bands who were not manufactured. Blink 182 is pop punk and they have legitimate roots. I don't like them anyway.

Roots?? They all admitted they were writing **** manufactured crap and took the piss out of there old stuff but now they want some money they reform?? I have nothing against pop punk, but when people say it's the same as punk, they're wrong, which is what I was pointing out..
Quote by Libertine..

I read an interview with Joe Strummer from the late '90s (maybe early '00s) in which he implied that he liked Blink 182. He certainly didn't dislike them. Anyway, he referred to them as a punk band.

...But that doesn't make it true. Genres are determined by popular opinion of fans of that genre. Most people who like punk don't think Blink 182 is punk for various reasons. Some people would say they aren't pop-punk either because pop-punk is a subgenre of punk. Personally I think they kind of defined a certain type of pop-punk.

I don't care for them.
Blink 182 is definitely pop punk/pop rock. not punk in any way.

and even less of an emo band. Emo is a genre too many people just don't understand. If you wanna hear some REAL Emo, look up Capn Jazz (as one other user had suggested in this thread). not even close to blink 182 or anything that has come out in the last 10 years.
a band/song is NOT emo because they write a sad song(s) or scream or whine or whatever else the crap you people complain about.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
i bet alot of the people who dislike blink182 are the people who dislike any band that has mainstream success. being popular doesnt change the music
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
I think they fall under the "shit" genre.

if a band plays music that is fun to listen to, why are they ****
i agree theyre not TRUE punk, but what does that mean anyway?! you have lotsa bands in that same genre who have lame music and even lamer lyrics, but you call them punk just coz they 'fight the system' and hate mtv. that doesnt make them any more punk than blink182.