Page 1 of 3
This is the same guitar from "guitar build from a tree that fell recently" but i didnt even use that wood. so heres the build from that, im posting all the pics so they are all in one place.

This is the ash i used instead of the giant piece of tree that i had

this is the shape of the body, except these plans are for 25.5 scale, and im doing a 25"scale
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.

Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.

<br>
and here is the progress ive made within the past 2 days or so
<br>

Quote by Øttər

and as soon as i do something more exciting i will post more pics. and all i need is LP addict to tell me how to install the pickups direct mount. (HELP)
Quote by Øttər
Last edited by reed12321 at Mar 2, 2009,
looks very nice so far
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
i like what you did with the body wood making is stripes, your not going to paint over that i hope?

EDIT Just noticed its a 7 string - awesome
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Last edited by vegetable-jim at Mar 2, 2009,
super nice
ಠ_ಠ
What is a wimp like you doing in a place like this?
Quote by MichaelSpeer
that looks badass man
are you gonna carve it?

i'm not sure, i bought a binding, but since this is my first build, i might save it for later. but i am contemplating rounding off the edges and putting an arm cut thing
Quote by Øttər
Quote by vegetable-jim
i like what you did with the body wood making is stripes, your not going to paint over that i hope?

dear god no, id hate to do that since i worked so hard to make it look half way decent
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Deagle-Eyes
You realised you're building a 7 string right?

what!? im building a 7 string!? gosh it must have been coincidence that i bought 7 tuners, and 7 ferrules, as well as 7 string pickups and a 7 string bridge. haha yes ive always wanted a 7 string, and as soon as im done with this, i can have the cool thing in my sig that says im part of the 7 string legion
Quote by Øttər
The bridge looks like its really reccessed?

You need to make sure its high enough so that the intonation screws are above the body, or you wont be able to adjust it.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
The bridge looks like its really reccessed?

You need to make sure its high enough so that the intonation screws are above the body, or you wont be able to adjust it.

yeah in that one pic, i just didnt have the post things in there, in that pic the holes werent drilled yet. however i made a stupid mistake. i thought that the bushings for the posts were too tall and that if i drilled holes for it, the only way they would fit is if they were sticking out the other side. so i cut them with the posts still screwed into them, and they wont come out far enough, so i can swap them with this cheap arch top guitar i have and have full length screws on this guitar
Quote by Øttər
Quote by -MintSauce-
Looking great, dude. I love Wolfgangs like, a lot. Also, you're clearly insane for making a billion laminate body.

wolfgang? and its not a laminate, its all natural.
Quote by Øttər
It looks like a wolf gang, and it's like 8 piece laminate.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
oh haha, ive never seen a wolfgang, and i suppose its like an 8 piece laminate
Quote by Øttər
Quote by littlemurph7976
Whats the electronics gunna be in this? Looking awesome so far

hokay, its gonna have LP wiring, with 4 knobs, and a 3 way switch, and 2 humbuckers. the pickups i have are cheap pickups that i got off of ebay just to test it out, and so i can get it making noise before the summer when i am working and am able to buy quality pickups. i got a set of guitar heads 7 string hexbuckers
Quote by Øttər
you're going to do a solid coat of paint right? you definitely don't want those fugly strips of wood showing through the paint do you?

Jk x10000000

i love it, very cool design so far.... not sure how i feel about the headstock shape tho
Quote by Schism1985
you're going to do a solid coat of paint right? you definitely don't want those fugly strips of wood showing through the paint do you?

Jk x10000000

i love it, very cool design so far.... not sure how i feel about the headstock shape tho

i know from the back it looks ****in weird, however im contemplating puting something on top of that lower area, like mother-of-pearl or just a piece of mahogany to match the rest of the guitar. with the mahogany i could potentially inlay something or get some gold leaf and put my initials or something...idk
Quote by Øttər
yah, inlay or binding would look sick on that. are you gonna keep it all natural colors or stain it a little. oh, and if you don't mind me askin, how far in did you recess your bridge? and how high is your fretboard from the body and whatnot? im looking to do a build with a recessed T-O-M
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by blindsagacity
yah, inlay or binding would look sick on that. are you gonna keep it all natural colors or stain it a little. oh, and if you don't mind me askin, how far in did you recess your bridge? and how high is your fretboard from the body and whatnot? im looking to do a build with a recessed T-O-M

i recessed my TOM a little too much, i have to steal the posts from a different guitar, however, theres no funny angles or anything, the neck is just completely parallel with the body. so in essence, you could put the neck as deep or as high as you want (within reason) as long as you get the bridge and pickups that high. however, i roughly measured the neck against the body, and i just made the pocket as deep as the neck pocket is up to the rosewood. so the neck is only as high off the face of the guitar as the thickness of the rosewood is.
Quote by Øttər
oh okay, thanks. the whole recessed bridge idea has been seducing my inner wannabe luthier. I just hope my build will look half as sick as this one. hope it turns out as good as its lookin right now
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Quote by blindsagacity
oh okay, thanks. the whole recessed bridge idea has been seducing my inner wannabe luthier. I just hope my build will look half as sick as this one. hope it turns out as good as its lookin right now

yeah bro good luck, just dont route the body too much. then have to cut the posts like i had to.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Looks like it's coming along just fine! Is this your first build? Hope it comes out nice

yes its my first real build, i made a double neck guitar, but i just cut 2 old guitars, and then glued them together, i didnt do any routing or anything
Quote by Øttər
Quote by reed12321
yes its my first real build, i made a double neck guitar, but i just cut 2 old guitars, and then glued them together, i didnt do any routing or anything

haha that's great.

but the build looks sweet dude. i was think about getting a venom 7 for the bridge pup in my 7- string.
someone asked about if i was going to stain it, what would everyone think if i stained it like a deep red, so the mahogany would be even darker, and the ash would be like a cranberry color?
Quote by Øttər
That would be sick man! Good luck
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

UPDATE!

i got the ferrules in the back, drilled the holes for the strings, and i made a little faceplate thing so the strings wont grind the wood away.the reason its silver is because it was a piece of silver from my great grandfather.

sorry i didnt realize this was blurrey
Quote by Øttər
It's awesome to have a story behind parts on your guitar. Plus that wood laminate pattern kicks ass

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Sweet! now it will have sentimental value on top of everything else, i think the silver kinda looks pretty good on it too. im dying to see this axe completed! goin great so far
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Quote by blindsagacity
Sweet! now it will have sentimental value on top of everything else, i think the silver kinda looks pretty good on it too. im dying to see this axe completed! goin great so far

yeah, it also adds value, since the silver is legit silver, however those hideous screws that are in it im not planning on using, i used them just to try out the set up since i stuck 1 string in there to check the height of the bridge, i changed the posts to longer ones, since i cut the other ones. i swapped them with an arch top guitar that luckily didnt need the posts pulled out very far
Quote by Øttər
Quote by reed12321
yeah, it also adds value, since the silver is legit silver, however those hideous screws that are in it im not planning on using, i used them just to try out the set up since i stuck 1 string in there to check the height of the bridge, i changed the posts to longer ones, since i cut the other ones. i swapped them with an arch top guitar that luckily didnt need the posts pulled out very far

I wish your bridge was silver too...
Page 1 of 3