Page 1 of 2
Today is the day. I went and picked up my Engl Fireball from my girlfriend's house.
It is amazing every way.
I can do crappy, "My tone is so brutal, I'm in a real death metal band!" nothing-but-bass tone, or frying sausage, nothing-but-fizz tone. And of course, it can sound good too. I'm running a few pedals, and then my Fireball into a 2x12 PA cabinet I loaded with Weber speakers. It sounds AMAZING. I've heard the Fireball has a bit of a natural scoop, but my cab is solid mids and low-mids so that's alright.

Pics:

Me being pale in the reflection.

A little bit of a reflection, for that coveted "MySpace" look.

My pedals + the joke of a footswitch Peavey sent me with the Windsor.

Trying to look br00tal.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Clipz, please.
Quote by imgooley
Clipz, please.

I'm recording some tomorrow night.
Should be awesome.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

looks good. I'm not a big fan of ENGL, but thats irrelevant
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
looks good. I'm not a big fan of ENGL, but thats irrelevant

I play your set up at church (well used to, they have a Mesa Roadster stack now) but I like the TSL's. Good lead tone.

Quote by Unskathed
Today is the day. I went and picked up my Engl Fireball from my girlfriend's house.

Trying to look br00tal.

Looks awesome, but you picked it up at your girlfriends house?

Does she have a sister?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
last pic looks br00t4lz!

also, sound clips! Great looking amp!
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Quote by gregs1020

Does she have a sister?

lol. I don't have a checking account, so I used hers and for some reason Musician's Friend couldn't handle the fact we wanted one shipping address and a different billing address, so we made both of them hers. It's okay though, because they knocked off 400 bucks and threw in a warranty for the confusion (I only paid $1,082).

Ka ching! Congrats on the amp, very nice.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
wow fu dude for getting that price!
no but its a great amp, enjoy!
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Nice! You got it almost as cheap as a used one, and got a warranty

Vary nice!!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
you stole your girlfriend's fireball?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Watch out for Matrix. He will try and trade you stuff for the amp. It's what he does.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Watch out for Matrix. He will try and trade you stuff for the amp. It's what he does.

LOL

Surprisingly enough, I have no GAS what-so-ever for an Engl
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Not yet Matrix...

but Unskathed, nice grab on the amp man.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Dave_Mc
you stole your girlfriend's fireball?

Yes.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys. It's definitely a sick amp. I tried out a Single and Dual Rectifier as well. The single was good, but I just couldn't get a good tone out of the Dual. I used a TSL at church and now I use a Dual Rectifier Roadster when I play there and I definitely prefer my Engl over all of them.

Last edited by Unskathed at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by MatrixClaw
LOL

Surprisingly enough, I have no GAS what-so-ever for an Engl for right now, unless you give me a ridiculous deal.

Fixd
haha, seriously, though, cool score
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Full explanation:
I got my tax return which $1600ish. I looked at amps forever, tried a couple Boogies, a couple Marshalls, and couple Egnatters, and a VHT. None of them really had "it." So one day I was on Musician's Friend and saw an Engl Fireball for $1400. So I read the reviews, and decided to blind-buy one. I don't have a debit card, so I had my tax return direct deposited to my savings account.

Once I had the money, I gave it to my girlfriend, and she put it in her checking account. I put the amp in my cart on Musician's Friend and entered my shipping address and her billing address, I also threw in 3 day shipping. Four days later I call up Musician's Friend and I'm all like, "omfg wtf y isn't my amp in? lulz" and they said they were having trouble with the checking account information. Here's where the discounts come in:

Discount 1:
Jess (girlfriend/hubby/etc.) calls Musician's Friend and is like "omfg wtf y isn't my bf's amp in" and they're like "Your checking account information is fraud." Turns out the retards were trying to take the money from THE WRONG BANK. So they took off $200.

Discount 2:
Jess gets called by a Musician's Friend representative who basically tells her that for whatever reason they can't have two separate shipping and billing addresses, so he takes off another $200 and tacks on a 3 year Gold Coverage warranty, and $10 3 day shipping.

So today it got delivered to her house and I drove there and picked it up after work.

haha, awesome
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
haha, awesome

Yeah. This is definitely my dream amp. It has tons of balls and the gain past 12 o'clock is usable, but it just sounds ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone but a metal head. It basically has an absolutely brutal rhythm tone, a searing lead tone, and good cleans. Not original Fender Bassman cleans, but good cleans for being a high gain monster. There's absolutely no middle ground though.

Congrats on the rediculously cheap NAD

AND! Welcome to the ENGL family
WTLTL 2011
Looks sweet, that's nice discount too.

Congrats!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
That is a beast of an amp.

Congrats.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Thank you all very much. Clips will be up tomorrow night.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Wow...

That Discount 1 - Discount 2 story is epic. Congrats again and we love clipzorz!

The only one with a bigger golden horseshoe in his ass is Felix!
That's an insane deal, dude. Congrats!

Take Jess out to killer dinner for her trouble & saving you 400 clams=major points

****taps fingers waiting for clipz****

I know......tomorrow........
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by gregs1020

Does she have a sister?

nice amp
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by imgooley
Fixd

It's so true...

Can't wait for clips, I thought about buying a Fireball, but I bought a Mark IV instead!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
You're girlfreind likes metal...
Oh snap does she have a hot sister who enjoys metal as well?

Nice amp man, thats good **** - not a huge ENGL man (not into the german voicing) but they do sound damn good.
I was just listening to some clips of the Fireball's
And DAMN, I'm impressed!
That's one hell of an amp

And that's a great deal
I just got myself a good deal today to
An Ibanez RG1570 Prestige for $530 brand new
Lovin' it
Quote by Unskathed
I play your set up at church (well used to, they have a Mesa Roadster stack now) but I like the TSL's. Good lead tone.

your church owns a mesa. and it used to own a TSL. dear god what sort of church do you go to.

ENGL FTW! i love the way they look and my screamer 50 is a ripper of an amp. congrats dude,
*Cue lots of people ordering from MF with different billing and shipping addresses*
HNAD!
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by Unskathed
Yeah. This is definitely my dream amp. It has tons of balls and the gain past 12 o'clock is usable, but it just sounds ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone but a metal head. It basically has an absolutely brutal rhythm tone, a searing lead tone, and good cleans. Not original Fender Bassman cleans, but good cleans for being a high gain monster. There's absolutely no middle ground though.

yeah, definitely, that's why i (personally) wouldn't buy a fireball, i don't play enough of the brootalz to really get the good of it. If you do, though...

Quote by Horlicks
*Cue lots of people ordering from MF with different billing and shipping addresses*

hahahahaha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
whats the malmsteen pedal like?
MG + SPIDER=

Ibanez RG

Cort VX

Marshall JTM 60
Quote by masterbuild
whats the malmsteen pedal like?

Adds a lot of smoothness and mids, but a crap load of noise. And I mean, an extremely noticeable amount of noise. I'm only using it right now as a volume boost for solos, once I get a 2 button foot switch I'm dropping it out of my chain.

EDIT:
I go to Resurrection Life church. In the youth ministry area we have a TSL 100 head with a 1960A cabinet, but that just got moved to rhythm guitar section in the adult sanctuary. The main adult sanctuary amp (the beast I get to use now) is a Mesa Roadster and matching 2x12, along with a Line 6 M-13 faux pedal board, Digitech Whammy, Dunlop Crybaby Original, and an ISP Decimator, all rigged up to a SKB pedal board. lol. It's a beast of a set up.

Last edited by Unskathed at Mar 3, 2009,
Page 1 of 2